Sunday 25 September 2011

Another Weekend is Over

What a beautiful weekend, sunny, warm and wonderful. I hate to see it end. I didn't get nearly half the things done on my "to do" list. That's OK though, those undone items will wait on me until next week or the week after, or whenever I do manage to get around to them. When you live alone, things don't get done until you do them yourself. Would you consider that a plus or a minus???

One thing that did get done was I finally got the hinge on the kitchen cabinet fixed. Its been hanging by a thread for over a year. I could not find the right sized screws so in desperation I crazy glued the sucker and its holding on. Its not a cupboard that I use much but it looks so much better closed than hanging about like a drunken sailor.

I fixed the Endless Stars quilt. I just have two sides to finish sewing and it will be done for once and for all. Not a mistake I will make in the future if I can help it. Fixing it took most of my time this weekend. I already have plans for the next two or three quilts I want to get started on. I have puppets to make, quilts to get at and my Christmas projects are calling to me from the corner. Now I have promised to make a quilt for the office Christmas fundraiser. Too much to do and not enough energy time to do it all.

This afternoon E and I went to the new Brad Pitt movie. It was long, slow and not as good as I hoped it would be. E liked it, I found it tedious. Not the worst movie I have ever seen but certainly not the best.

Right now I should be doing laundry and making supper. Since doing laundry means a trip up stairs to throw the laundry down, I will make supper instead. Laundry can wait until tomorrow. I want to get the last of the quilt binding done tonight, anything else can just wait.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment