Tuesday 30 August 2011

Odd Job Tuesday

Its been a quiet evening here on the homestead. Not sure why I call it that, I live in a house, in a city, on a tiny little plot of land in an old section of the city. I can touch my house and the house next door, hardly a homestead but I like the way it sounds. :-) 

I spent the evening doing odd jobs. I recovered a cushion, put a zipper in a cell phone carrier, finished a buffalo puppet and made a couple more lists. I think I am going to reinstate odd job Tuesday. For the longest time Tuesday night was a very social nigt for me. It was the night my friend R and I always did something. Her husband was a truck driver and he was away overnight on Tuesdays, she was free to go out. I had no ties, so go out we did. We did that for years until cancer did its ugly work. I still miss her most dearly but I have always felt it most on Tuesdays.

Originally I decided since I was miserable anyway I would use Tuesdays to do things I knew should be done but never got around to. I used to refer to it as rotton job night. Well eventually I found that title to be a little to negative so I switched it to odd job night. It was that for ages until like a lot of things in my life it slipped by the wayside. I need to bring it back. Its good to have one night a week where you plan to do those things that fall by the wayside, are left nagging away at you because you know they should be finished but you just never get to it. Photo albums to be updated, bills to be filed, mending to be done, cupboards to be cleaned. Yes I think I will make it part of my weekly routine again.

Three days until I am officially on vacation. SQUEEEEEE!!!.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment