Monday 26 September 2011

Things I do on Monday Nights

I am telling you the fast paced excitement around this house would kill a lesser woman ;-) are you gettin' the sarcasm??? I don't know exactly when this all happened but seriously, a nap on the couch after work is heaven for me. Then working on my crafting projects makes it a perfectly fine evening for me. I did kick things up a notch tonight though:
Tonight I furminated the cat. How is that for wild and crazy??? She was a little star but she refused to pose besides the results. She may have been feeling a little naked.  Honestly I wish she would have. This mass of hair is nearly as big as she is,and baby girl is a bit of a chunk. I cannot tell you the joy that I feel knowing that this is not going to end up on the carpet, the furniture, my pant leg before I head to work. When I tell people I vacuum up bales of cat hair I do not lie. I would not not have her, I love her to bits but the hair thing is a pain.
Its done, done like dinner, for once and for all I am finished with this quilt. I got the last of the binding sewn tonight. I added the extra band of grey and blue to the edge which adds 15 inches onto the size of the quilt.  It fits a queen bed now and that means I can move on. I have a couple of quilts that HAVE to be done before Christmas but before I get onto them I am going to make this.

Busy asked me to make a table runner for her, so when I was visiting them on my vacation I hit the local quilt shop. I found this pattern and this material while I browsed around. So its next up on the project list. She approves of my choices. They call it a cactus pattern but I think it looks like stars to me. Busy is partial to star quilts.

I am off to knit until bed time.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment