Sunday 18 September 2011

The Time has Come...

Vacation time is over for now, Best Friend has headed back to her busy life with her husband and family. The house has that empty, echoy, hollow feeling it always has went my company leaves. I love to have company and as much as I like my alone time, I do find it very sad once they leave. I like having someone to talk to, do stuff with and just have around the house. I miss them when they go. I will be fine tomorrow but today I am sad and a tad lonely. One thing that made it sooooo much easier to tolerate was the Hostess called and we went for tea and a cookie. An hour spent over a pot of chamomile can work wonders on a case of the "oh poor Me's".

To be honest when I say I will be fine tomorrow, I am really lying because I will be a whole different kind of cranky. I will be back at work. Back to waking up to the jarring sound of an alarm. (Sigh.) Don't get me wrong, I have a good job and I work with good people but the bottom line is I am not all that thrilled about working, PERIOD. Never have been and never will be. I like to be on my own time table. The second day of Grade One was a trauma to me, laugh if you will, it was. I have never gotten over it. However, I will get back into the swing of the work week. Wednesday should see me back to my old self again. My nose can be as out of joint as it wants to be, the fact is that I have to work. Pouting is not going to change that fact today.

The up side is that it is a good job, I do work with good people and I have good friends. I had a good two weeks off. Best Friend and I had a fabulous few days that she was here. We always do when we are together. Back on track tomorrow, back to the day to day things, back to reality, the bread and butter details of my life. Time to get back on the health track, back on the budgeting track and back to trying to get myself organized. I have a lot to get started on tomorrow. Ack!!!

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment