Wednesday 26 February 2014

This and That

I am a better blogger when I am on days off than I am when I am working. There is not enough time in the day to get all things done. Most nights I am so tired when I get home I just want to sleep and after I have a nap there is not much time to get everything else done. When I was off last week I blogged nearly every day and now it looks like its sliding back to being a weekend thing.

Speaking of weekend things, had a wonderful one last week. The Carpenter turned 60 and his loving family gave him a big birthday party. It was a great gathering of friends, family and other folk. The Historian and his wife Grandma L came as did cousins we have not seen for a while. Our one and only surviving Aunt was in attendance. New babies, old friends and all sorts gathered to wish my brother a Happy Birthday and a Happy Retirement. It was so nice to be together. It makes me very happy to spend time with my family and its been a long time since I have had both my brothers in the same room and got to spend time with them.

The Carpenter is a little shy and he does not like to be the center of attention but I think he had a good evening. He did not have to make a speech, he got to dance with his wife, visit with friends and family, it was all good. Miss Mouse made him a wonderful video that certainly brought a tear to my eye. Ghosts of days gone by smiling at us from a video screen. Breaks your heart a little to see all who have gone. Time passes, loved ones drift away, new people move into your life. Its how things are supposed to be.

The Tater Tot was one of the hits of the party. Dressed to impress he enchanted everyone that came into his line of fire.


I regret that his Great Grandmother is not here to see him. She would just adore him. He is a chubby, healthy little man, solid, alert, strong and such a good baby.  His Mommy keeps him squeaky clean and dressed like a proper little boy. Great Grandma would heartily approve of this. I know she sees him, but I wish I could see her with him. I can imagine it and it makes my heart smile.

I will puddle up in a second if I keep this up so quick change of subject. Tonight I did some mending for some of my co-workers. Patched knees, zippers, torn seams. Simple jobs but not everyone wants to do them. I should be doing some house work but I just can't work up any enthusiasm for it. I did a load of laundry and that is enough for me. I didn't even work on the quilt tonight. Its a little hard to do, its black thread on black material and its a tad hard to see for me. I can manage but tonight was not the time. Tomorrow I will spend the evening at it.

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment