Monday 17 February 2014

I Love Days Like This

I live a day that starts out one way and then quickly turns into fun times out with friends. That is what happened to me today.

I had planned to go get paint today to start a few projects here in the house but then I decided against shopping on what is a holiday here. I lay in bed this morning mentally redoing my list of things to be accomplished to day. Loving the fact that I managed to sleep for 5 hours straight without waking. A seriously rare event in my life. Once the To Do list was revamped and organized, I hauled my butt out of bed and started the day. Break fast first and then chores.

While breaking my fast, Teddy Bear phoned, and thus my revised list went out the window and the day took another delightful turn. Teddy Bear wondered if The Banker and I could come over and do a "design consult" on her basement. Well, I love to give my opinion on anything, and especially on home decor.  I promptly said yes. Several phone calls later it was determined that The Banker had some free time to come along. It all worked out. I would pick her up at 2:00pm.

I did FINALLY get something done in my house that has been waiting to be done for longer than I am sure most people would have put up with. I'll bet you can guess if you have read this blog or my facebook posts. Yep, it actually happened. A miracle!!!!Yesterday my dining table looked like this:


Christmas trees, Christmas tablecloth, (what you cannot see is another tree bagged and ready to go to the basement) waiting to be put away before next Christmas rolls around. Today my dining table looks like this:


Be still my heart,  the trees are in the basement. The Christmas table cloth is washed and put away, the ceramic tree is back upstairs in my closet. This table cloth and topper are freshly washed and back on the table. Now I can move on and find another subject I can worry to death.

So after I was finished  doing the drunken monkey dance of joy, I headed out to Teddy Bear's. Our little design consult turned into coffee with another friend, which basically took the lion's share of the afternoon. I came home, called Kit Kat and arranged lunch with her, the Banker and myself for Wednesday.  Kit Kat is on vacation this week too so its perfect to get together and be ladies who lunch. The Hostess is in town, she left a message and now we are doing Sushi on Thursday.. I love it, an afternoon of chores turned into a fun time out and the promise of two more. This is what I love about days like these, endless possibilities!! You never know what is going to come up.

I think I will spend the rest of the evening sewing on the quilt top. I got half of it put together yesterday and I am very pleased with how it looks. The faster I can get the top made, the faster I can get on with the quilting. Fun times for Linda!!

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment