Sunday 9 February 2014

Quilt Problem Solved!

I have already mentioned in a previous post how I was happily quilting along and then I found this problem.
A problem which quickly reduced me to saying all manner of  unladylike words in rapid succession

This is a completely solvable problem but its a right pain in the butt, considering I had almost 3/4 of the quilt quilted before the happy discovery. Yesterday I finally tackled the little rebel and fixed it.



I ripped out the four patch, turned it and re pinned it into place. I quilted it down to make double sure it did not move then I blind stitched the edges back down


Now it looks like it should and it will no long make me crazy. 

I just have to bind the quilt, wash off the pencil marks and its finished. I will have it done in plenty of time to take it home so it can be at the church for the auction.

Once this one is done I have another to start from scratch, then another to quilt (top has been made for ages), then two baby quilts to make. While working on those I can decide what I am going to do for sure with the quilt on my bed. Widen it or make a complete new one. I am hoping to paint the bedroom this month so I need to make a choice about the quilt.

E and I went to see The Monument Men today. I was not all that thrilled to go because its not my sort of movie, but she loves that sort of thing and won't go on her own. Her husband hates the movies so its the sort of thing one does for a friend. I actually liked it better than I thought I would. I would have been happier to stay home and work on the quilt but it did not kill me to get out of the house.

I do need to get at the laundry though, think up something for supper and work some more on the quilt while I watch Downton Abbey. The weekends are just not long enough. 


No comments:

Post a Comment