Thursday 6 February 2014

Something That Makes Me Smile and Something That Makes Me Swear Like A Trucker

So I think I will start with the something that makes me smile. One of my friends who has moved to her dream place with her husband and has become a trophy wife sent me a wonderful present. Being a retired trophy wife leaves her free to pursue her fancies and one thing she fancies, at the moment, is painting with watercolours. She is talented, as I watch her post her efforts on face book, I see that talent growing and improving each time she puts brush to paper. The other day I received these beautiful little babies, made with love, from her, the Mermaid, to remember Ireland by. I am so touched, I cannot wait to get them framed and hung up in the living room


I am not the best photographer and I promise that once I get them framed I will get better pictures of them.

A sweet little cottage by the sea, I can almost smell the peat fire in the hearth. I imagine there are sheep grazing on an hill behind the cottage and soda bread with stew for supper. My wish, my dream, my someday life. A cottage by the water.........oh my.

O'Brien's Tower by the Cliffs of Moher. Can't you just  imagine a princess waiting quietly in her tower, looking out to sea, dreaming of her prince. I just have to look at these and I am there again. Excellent job, you talented little Mermaid, I will treasure these always. They put a big smile on my face. Thank you again.

Now the cursing portion of the blog. I have been happily quilting along on my Hanging Gardens quilt. Its been going along swimmingly, I am 3/4 of the way finished. Its looking great, I am happy as a clam.
\

Then I found this::


What is wrong with this you may ask?? Well its supposed to look like this....


ARRGH, I hate making mistakes like this. You can insert any sort of curse word you know and even some you can make up because I am sure I said them all. Its not an impossible fix but its a pain in the butt fix. No I cannot leave it. I am not able to do that, I have to fix it. Crap Crap Crapity Crap.


I have mo more words

Toodles,
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment