Saturday 15 February 2014

Saturday Snippets or Getting Stuff Done

It was nice today to wake up without the alarm going of and to know that its the first of many days when I do not have to hear the alarm. I am not fond of the alarm clock, and by not fond I mean I don't like it at all. I am in the first flush of the start of days off. The week stretches before me full of endless possibilities and potential. I just hope I manage to do some of the things on my list.

Mommybug had called last night and we arranged for me to come for a visit to finally meet Babybug. She was in town with the little man, staying over at the other Grandma's house. I am an additional Grandma to this little Babybug and his sister Ladybug. I don't have real grandchildren so I have pretend ones, I want to be someone's Grandma. I hiked it over there and finally got to see this little man, Oh my, he is just the cutest little thing. So full of smiles even though we did not catch one on camera.


I got to give him a bottle, burp him and snuggle him. Then he filled his pants for me. Thankfully Grandma's can pass them off to Mommies at moments such as that. He is a very cuddly little guy.


We almost got a smile on camera. Almost but not quite. He smiles quite easily when you talk to him. He is at that stage where he has discovered that he has hands. He is also starting to find his voice, he coos and gurgles and just generally entertained us to no end while Mommybug and I caught up on each others news.
Babies are just the best!! It was nice to have a visit with Mommybug too. We don't get to chat enough.



Once I pried myself away from the baby, which is not easy for me, I ran a few errands before coming back home. I did what I always do on the weekend, I cleaned up the kitchen. It seems to be a never ending job in this house trying to keep the kitchen clean. I ran the dishwasher, made a batch of laundry soap, and finally cut out the patches for the next quilt.


I plan to spend tomorrow working on sewing these patches together. I have to have this quilt finished by the middle of March. I am looking forward to seeing what it looks like once its together. Its not very complicated, just plain and simple in fact. I think it will appeal to the younger ones in out office. Tomorrow I plan to spend working on the quilt and then on Monday I plan to start to do some painting in the house. I will be posting pictures as I go.

I still have Christmas trees in the dining room, They are going down to the basement tomorrow come hell or high water. I did get the stuff off the front of the house, last week I  think, but the stuff is still in the front entry way. Sigh.


Yes its all in the house but not quite to the basement yet. I apparently have issues with transporting things to the basement. Tomorrow is "B" day.  Basement day!! As God is my witness, etc, etc.  Since I do not have a chore boy to fetch and carry for me I need to do it myself, before Easter is here. ACK!! ( I can be a bit dramatic if the situation calls for it.)  I also need to go some shoveling around here. I did not get at it when it first snowed and now I have a ridge of packed snow to walk on. No fun. The ridge is very narrow and I tend to slip off it. One of these days I will land on my butt.

The shoveling starts a whole chain of events. If I get a decent path to the car, I can haul out all the donation stuff I have packed up and get that out of my house. I have recycling to take to the dump. We have an electronics recycle station out there and I have several things that need to go, old microwave, printer, vcr's etc. However I am not hauling all this stuff to the car without being able to know that I am not going to land on my amble butt.

Now it is time to go and make some supper. I can start to sew on the quilt top tonight. I have plans to go to bed early and watch a DVD. I know, I know, its all too wild and crazy for the average person but that's how we roll here. None stop excitement.

Toodles
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment