Thursday 20 February 2014

The Magic of Ordinary Days

Just having a little coffee break, coffee, cranberry lemon cookies and I am happy. Soup is simmering on the stove and all is well with my world. Today started off with an incredibly kind and wonderful surprise. I opened the blinds, looked out and wondered where the chunks of snow had come from that were on the lawn. Looks like it should when the sidewalk has been shoveled. I flew out the back door and sure as death and taxes, the side was was done, down to the sidewalk all way out to the back alley and the dumpster bins were set free too!! My jaw hit the ground, that is a ton of work. But who could have done it??? I came in and then on a whim headed to the front door. There she was, The Banker, bundled up against the cold, shoveling her little heart out. I can almost cry I am so grateful. This is such a kindness to me and kick starts a chain reaction of events that I hoped to get done this week. Oh the bags of garbage, recycle and donation boxes that now can be removed from this house, with ease. No more penguin walk to the back. I am just speechless. I have such good, kind, giving, helpful friends. My circle is strong and wonderful and I would not trade one of them for anything. They are treasures.

Today I got the stairs touched up. the other painting project started and as I mentioned soup made. I have been knitting and watching television inbetween things. The backing for the next quilt is drying even as I work on this blog post. I have my shopping and errand list written up for tomorrow. While I have not accomplished all that was on my To Do list for this week, I am pleased with what I have gotten done so far.

I cannot believe its going to be Friday tomorrow, this week has flown by. I don't think I need to mention that I have enjoyed it. I love to putter around the house, I love my days off. I like to have my time at home, I like to spend time with my friends. I also like to be able to head out and do errands during the day instead of having to fit them in after work.

Kit Kat, the Banker and I had lunch yesterday, We pot lucked it at the Banker's house. We arrived at 12:30  never left until 4:00. We sat, ate, drank coffee, chatted, giggled and traded stories as the afternoon slipped away. It was so lovely. The Banker and I had coffee again this morning, it was the least I could do for her since she shoveled for me. I like that, I like having people here. I could get used to this life style with the greatest of ease.

Tomorrow I have errands to run, shopping to do and a hair cut appointment that is long long long overdue. Then Saturday will see me off to The Carpenter's home to celebrate his big birthday. Sunday brings me  back here and then Monday its back to work.

Toodles,

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment