Saturday 8 February 2014

And Scene

Well here we are, another Saturday and that means the last section of the sewing/craft room is to be purged. So far today, I got groceries, had breakfast, did some quilting, FINALLY took the decorations down from the veranda. They have not made it to the basement yet but they are down and in boxes and that is a good thing. I swore I was doing that this weekend or I was making myself stay out on the veranda until it was finished. -37 wind chill is a great motivator to get you moving and make good on your promise to yourself. That all being done I moved on to this.

Here are the usual before and after pictures; Lets start with the before, my walk of shame if you will:


Oh my I love to pile stuff up rather than put it in its proper place. Set it aside, thinking I will deal with it tomorrow. Its the Scarlette O'Hara in me.... "I'll think about it tomorrow"


I hate to tell this but there was a laundry basket sized pile of magazines in this spot that I had already removed. Oh  yeah, walkin' the shame.



Ok I got nothin', no defense, its a mess, I know it. The container with the flyers in it is the recycle bin, the rest is total mess.

I am getting better at this purge stuff, faster and more determined. I worked for an hour and a half and now the last third of the room looks like this:


There is still room for improvement. All the containers and baskets need to be gone through and purged but at least I can move around in here and work, without feeling stifled.


Oh look you can see counter top, be still my heart. The pile on the left there is all things I need to work on my Ireland scrap book. I just don't want to put it away only to have to dig it out again when I go to work on the second scrapbook. So there it sits in a neat pile waiting for the time I am going to scrapbook again.



This makes me happy, this makes me take a deep breath and relax. I will try to keep it tidier and not let it get to the point it was before. I will not promise because I know myself but I am going to work at keeping it under control. Baby steps, baby step. I am work in progress.

Now this is finished, I am going to send the rest of the day working on the church auction quilt. I should be hauling stuff to the basement and I may do it yet but for now I am quiltin' BABY!!

Toodles,
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment