Saturday 1 February 2014

Cleanin' and Quiltin'

This morning I got up and took myself to Timmie's for a breakfast biscuit. Its a Saturday treat and it gets me up an moving. Once the biscuit and coffee were history I ................. sat and quilted until noon. Tee Hee. I am busy working on the church auction quilt. I have to admit that it felt like a guilty pleasure to spend that time at the hoops and not cleaning this mess of a house.

Noon came and I finally tackled the kitchen. There are no before and after pictures, nobody needs to see that. Two hours later that place was clean, junk free and fit to be in. There is still more that can be done but trust me, I could let someone come into the kitchen now where I would have had bare the door before I got it under control. As I said nobody needs to see that!!

I washed towels, loads of towels, because I am am getting rid of the old and getting the new put away. I have had the same towels for years and frankly I am sick of them, they are done. Not worn out to the point I could throw them out but I am done with them. They will go to the local Humane Society to dry off freshly bathed puppies. I have lovely fluffy new towels that I got for Christmas to take their place. I do not donate dirty things so the washing machine and dryer have been chugging away all day today.

I also took on the second stage of the sewing room reclaimation. There are before and after pictures for this: TAHDAH here is the before: Mess mess mess!!!


I sorted, purged, put way, tidied, filed  and now this portion of the room looks like this:\


Two thirds down and one more to go. It fills me with joy to be getting this room back into order. Next weekend I am hoping to get the last portion finished. I would do it tomorrow but E and I are going to two movies and that will take the lion's share of the day.

Inbetween bouts of cleaning and purging, I was quilting, This is where my heart truly was all this day, here in this corner of the livingroom;


This Hanging Garden quilt is all I truly want to work on this weekend. Quilting is a great joy in my life, I love to spend time with my needle, thread and thimble. This quilt will go to a fund raising auction for my church in my former home town. Its my way of helping them as I can. Its been a few years since I have had an actual quilt to send. I have only sent a promise the last few years. I think an actual quilt is much better. Once I get this one done I am starting on another for a fund raiser for my office. I have almost narrowed down a pattern. I have two baby quilts to do as well and then several more that are cooking away in my brain, calling out to me. But most fun of all, I have a top to quilt for a friend. Its made from flour sacks and the tiniest little hand pieced patches. I am almost drooling at the thought of bringing this hand work to life and making it the quilt it was intended to be. This sort of thing is my crack of choice

Speaking of quilting I am going to end this and get back at it!!

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment