Monday 3 March 2014

Pinterest Inspired

I have been quilting again, which makes my little heart go pitter patter with delight. This one I made for my office's social committee to raffle off as a fund raiser. They buy the material, I donate my time and they do the raffle. I wanted to make one a little more modern, more up to date not a traditional quilt. When you need an idea I did what many of us do,  I searched Pinterest for inspiration. The end result is this little beauty.


I rather like it. Its bright, pretty and not too old fashioned. I think most people would be ok with it. So it goes to the office tomorrow and tickets can go on sale. Now I can move onto the next quilt. I have a top that is ready to go I just need to get a batt. One stop at the local fabric store and I am on my way.

I have been itching to get at this quilt, its hand sewn squares, tiny little patches made by a friends Aunt years ago. It feels like flour sack material and I cannot wait to bring it to life. It sat unfinished for years and I am going to turn it into the quilt it was always meant to be. I am doing this it in return for an appliqued butterfly quilt top made by the same lady. You know me, I love a good barter. I cannot wait to get at it. I also have two baby quilts to make. One for Babybug and one for the Tater Tot. I can work on them while I quilt the other top.

It was so freakin cold here this weekend, I stayed in the house, quilted, cleaned and just generally stayed warm. -50 with the windchill was reason enough to keep to the indoors. I did venture out on Saturday morning, I needed some breakfast fixin's and the fact that I had no eggs drove me out into the cold. I warmed the car really well and got my errands run in jig time. While I was out, inbetween the grocery store and drive thru coffee/breakfast biscuit, I treated myself to a slightly bigger tv for my room. I got a  24inch flat screen with DVD for $138.00 from Superstore. I can now move the 19 inch down to the sewing room and say goodbye to my little 10 colour TV that I bought when I bought the house. Its slowly dying  anyway and having a DVD player in here will be nice. I can also finally get rid of the last VCR. It doesn't work but its still hooked up to the TV because I am lazy and really did not want to start removing things until I was ready to replace the TV.

I can get along with out a lot of things but my car and my TV are very important to my happy. While I may not just sit and watch TV, its on all the time for company. Like now, I am blogging and the DIY network is showing me how to fix up an income property. Yes I watch a lot of tv and I like it.

Toodles
Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment