Saturday 25 January 2014

Progress!!

Well I had promised that I would try and get organized and purge and reduce and reuse this year. I need to, my little house bursting at the seams and unless I want to end up on "Hoarders" I need to get on this. I have let things go and now I need to get on top of it again. Soooooo today I continued on the craft/sewing room reclaimation.

After spending a good part of the day on the usual errands, groceries, secondhand stores and general running about, I came home. Lunch was consumed and then I started in. Now I really debated if I would show a before picture because really, did I want everyone to see the complete tip my house had become?? I decided to go ahead and show it. Makes for a nice dramatic before and after if nothing else. I am going at this room in stages, 3 sections and this was section one.

The disaster that was before:


What you cannot see is about 6 good sized boxes of fabric and wool that are stuffed under the desk. Those were sorted and added to, deleted of things I knew I would not use and can pass on to someone else. I got rid of two box fulls and added to the other four so they now are containing some piles of things that were laying around on the desk top.

Here is the after:

Things have been returned to their proper places, garbage has been garbaged, donation items are boxed, bagged  and ready to be donated. I am rather happy with my work. The other two thirds of the room are a work in progress but at least I have started. The grand plan is to not let it get into this state again but I cannot make any promises. I think that my saving grace is that I keep working away at not letting the house become an overwhelming disaster. Besides I have my book club coming here for their next meeting and I don't want to shock them all.

Tonight I am going to start on this year's Church donation quilt. The backing material is drying in the dryer even as I type this. I am hoping to get it quilted so I can take it with me next month and get it delivered before the auction in March. This is another thing I promised my self I would get on top of this year.

Tomorrow I hope to get the stuff to the basement and spend the day quilting. E wants me to go to the show with her but I think I need to stay home and work on stuff. The ball has started rolling I need to keep with it.

Tootles,

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment