Sunday 17 June 2012

Waiting for the Caffeine to Kick In

Having my usual Sunday morning breakfast, slow moving, ease into the morning. Its been rather nice. I got up extra late today, spent some time reading before I managed to drag my carcass out of bed. Fifty Shades Darker was calling to me to be read. Not sure what I think of these books but I am curious to see where they are going.

So now I am waiting for the caffeine to kick in and get me going for the day. I have lots to keep me busy. I have more plants to install in the flower bed at the back thanks to a shopping trip yesterday. Then I have the laundry mountain to tackle and conquer. The kitchen needs a complete, full on, total cleaning and I have a swing cushion and awning to sew. That should keep me out of trouble for a moment or two. I should also mow the lawn today but it may be too wet to do that.

Yesterday E and I went out to lunch at a lovely little local cafe which is attached to an even lovelier gift shop. I indulged and bought a nice rusty metal orb on a stick to be installed in the back yard someplace. I would never have purchased it but I had a coupon. We motored all over town, shopping and then ended up at a nursery where we both  bought plants. E bought me a perennial for my garden  as thanks for all my help, taking her shopping and then to quote her " hauling and dragging" everything up to her condo. Its not an easy thing as she lives at the end of the longest hallway ever created.

Then I got home late, had a quick supper and then headed out to a "kitchen party" a friend was throwing. It was not a true kitchen party but more here celebrating the remodel she did on it. She did most of the work herself and did a fantastic job. We gathered in the back yard around her fire pit and had a great time. Lots of good food, laughs and good times. I didn't stay as long as I would have liked to, it was a wonderful evening.

So now its back to reality, things to do, stuff to take care of. Mostly I wish the swing set would recover itself. :-)

Toodles,

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment