Tuesday 5 June 2012

A Bit of Progress

Last night it was ASTOUNDING how little I did. I managed to scramble some eggs for supper and breath but that was about the extent of any accomplishments for the evening.  I was not even tired, I just seemed to be unmotivated to do anything but my best lump impression. So I lumped it up to no end. Go me!!!

Tonight there was a bit more activity. I actually cooked supper, a decent supper, a menu plan supper and now I have lunch conquered for two days. I cleaned the litter box, I mean really cleaned it, emptied, scrubbed with bleach and finished off with a fresh refilled, Minou is dancing around the house in gratitude. Silly Kitty. I purged under the kitchen sink and now I have room for the compost bin. Whoot Whoot!! No more kicking it across the kitchen floor because is has no proper place to live. I could not get the little recycle bin under there but I can live with that. It hides out in the laundry room anyway. I don't kick it across the floor four out of seven times that I walk into the kitchen.

I need to make a trip to the dollar store for a bin to hold some cleaning products. Right now I have a basket and an old dish pan that make it so I do not have to stand on my head to get the stuff at the back of the under sink cupboard. The dish pan is stained, ugly and just a tad too big. They have some good bins at the dollar store. Bright, colourful, reasonably sturdy and what I think will be the perfect size. Cleaning out under the sink was a little job I have been meaning to do for ages. Cleared out the half used, old cleaners, threw out a good amount of garbage and to be honest I put some things where they should be. Its good to have that done.

My closet upstairs is the next big thing to be purged!! God help me!!

I also spent some time sitting on my veranda, enjoying the cool evening and my yard. My lilacs are blooming, scenting the air with their delicate perfume. Any second now the marigolds are going to burst into bloom along with the peonies. I shuffled the veranda furniture around a bit and now I am happy with the look. It needs a good power wash but all in all its OK. I put the snow shovel away and I do need to take the ladder back to the shed.

I still have planting to do and if all goes to plan that will be done tomorrow night. I was going to get soil tonight but it didn't happen. Tomorrow is another day. Once the planting is done, I am going to get at the sewing projects that are piling up around here. Water dripping on stone, baby!!

Toodles,
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment