Wednesday 13 June 2012

A Rip in Space and Time

Did you feel it? The ripple in the force? The world taking a lean to the left? A tiny rip in space and time? Well you have me to blame or thank. I finally managed to plant the last of the plants. After yammering on and on about it for yonks, I managed to get it done tonight. I asked only for an hour of reasonable weather to get the last of the plants into their own little beds and in spite of a severe thunder storm watch, the weather held off and I got it done. All that fuss and flap over an hours worth of planting!! Yeesh I annoy myself some days.

So now I have a wash tub of petunias in the front yard. Inpatients in pots on the veranda and window boxes of million bells gracing the railing and one sweet million tomato plant by the back step. Pansies and more million bells are tucked into pots and crocks in the back yard. I am so glad to have it all done and now I can sit back at watch it grow.

Miracle of miracles, the variegated dog wood bush that I was sure I had killed deader than a door knob is showing signs of life. I am so happy, it was the one and only living green thing in the front yard when I moved here besides a huge tree. I mourned its death and now Mother Nature has worked her magic and life returns anew. Whoot!!!!

I have finished my grandbaby's first birthday gift which I will post pictures of but not just yet. I want to present the gift to her first. I need to find something to wrap it in and then I can pass it on to the rightful owner.

Well I have two pairs of pants to hem so I had best get on with it.

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment