Sunday 3 June 2012

A Really Good Linda Day

I really really really like days like this. Its a Linda sort of a day. The Banker and I took a road trip and went to an antique and collectibles sale in a town about an hour and a half from us. We had a great time, but then we always have a great time when we do one of our road trips.

I bought some stuff of course, I have not had time to take pictures yet but I will. I found a milk glass egg cup to balance the one that I found at the last sale I went to. I got some candlewick glass and I bought 4 little egg cups that look very old and very charming. I think that was all but I have not even unpacked yet so there may be one or two other things, I don't think so. There were a million things I could have picked up but I am learning that I do not need every single thing I see. Some things I would have purchased but the prices were insane. I have my limits.

We shopped, we went to lunch, we shopped some more then we came home and I had a nap. I opened the windows and let that warm sweet breeze that is so particular to spring, waft through the house. I snuggled down on the couch and had a lovely cat nap. When I got up 30 minutes later, I made myself a cool drink and then I sat out on the veranda, enjoying my yard. The grass is cut, the flowers are planted, its nice to be out there. It rained this morning but  this afternoon is wonderfully warm and sunny. The world is fresh, clean and sweetly green. Its beautiful. The summer heat has not yet wreaked havoc on the greenery. My lilacs are just beginning to bloom, the peonies are loaded with buds, any second now they will start to bloom. I take a little pride in the fact that my front yard is my creation. I took it from a prison yard of wood chips and wire fence to lawn, shrubs and flowers. It may not be perfect but it at least alive now, a green and living thing.

I love a lazy Sunday and today was one. The Banker and I are great shopping partners as we both like similar things and she is easy to be with. We always have a good time. She bought a lovely pair of red wool gloves that came from Eaton's. They are perfect for her and I was a little envious of them. I miss Eaton's and am always on the look out for things from that store.

This has been a good productive, fun filled weekend. Come Monday I need to buckle down and get at some projects I have had people commission from me. For now I am going to enjoy the rest of my lazy Sunday.

Toodles,
Linda

Ok I just did not feel like doing much of anything so I took some pictures of my treasures from the sale today.

Number one, the milk glass egg cups. One I got at the last sale I went to and the other I got today. They are the little hens on the nests on the top shelf. I am thinking now the cupboard is full, I may have to give up on the milk glass. There are several more shelves to this cabinet that did not make the picture.
Another thing I collect is candlewick glass, I like the ones that are not etched with anything but just plain. I got this lovely dainty tray. it has some scratches but its still pretty enough to have on the table.
 I found 8 boopie glasses which are candlewick glass,  I am not sure why they call them boopie glasses but they do. I got a deal on them which made them even better. I could not leave the snoozy kitty in her candlewick basket. This sweet covered dish had to come home with me.
Last but not least, egg cups. I got more than I thought I had but they all called my name and so I had to bring them home. I was not going to buy any more when I spotted the piggy one and well really did you think I could say no to that?? Not likely.

Toodles Again
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment