Tuesday 19 June 2012

My Birthday

To day marks the date of my birth, many years ago and inspite of the number I would rather still be having birthdays right now than not so today was a good thing. Before I get all introspective and deep I want to share a couple of pictures with you. My best Ladybug in the the little work shirt I made for her as a present to her Daddy for Father's Day. We took one of Daddy's shirts, cut it down and made it over for her. Now she is set to go help on the tractor and such. Isn't she cute??


Pearl snaps, sun faded and all , she looks ready to get farmin' to me

Ok back to me and the celebration of my birth. I had a lovely day. I got a zillion birthday wishes, I got sung to, I got flowers, I got cards, I got chocolates, I got taken out for lemonade, tea, timbits and ice cream along with a lovely drive in the country.I had singing voice mails when I arrived home and I had phone calls from those near and dear. All in all I was royally spoiled, and felt very loved. Not bad at all for an old bird.

I always get a little introspective at my birthday, I tend to look back and re-examine the past, and wonder where its all going. In so many ways, I do not feel my age, I am still waiting for things to happen, rites of passage to take place and even though I know the reality of the situation, a part of me still waits for these things to happen. My life is not what I had planned, no its not, if it had gone to plan I would be living in a 5 bedroom big old house, fussing over my husband, 4 children (two boys, two girls) and by now  my many grandchildren. we would be spending summers at our lake side cottage and taking regular European vacations. Nope things did not go according to my plans. Ah well. I take heart in the fact that I have provided God with more than a fair share of giggles with all my plans.

I have a life that is maybe not what I planned but it is a good one. I have wonderful friends, a good job, a home of my own . My family and friends seem to be rather fond of me and I am content. There are many things I wish were more, or better but on the whole its been a good life. I struggle with giving over the things that will not happen, I struggle to focus myself on making me a better me. I treasure the good things in my life and I value my friends. I may not be free from regrets but I am well blessed and I am very aware of each and every one. I would not change much in my life. I would have added the husband, and the children. I will always be sad that I did not get to have children but I have made an uneasy peace with that part of my history. It was not meant to be and time has dictated that that it will not happen now.

However, I have many many blessing that I would not have wanted to miss out on and that gives me great joy. I am content with my lot and can stand up and say I have a good life. I look foreward to the coming year and the endless possibilities it holds.

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment