Sunday 2 October 2011

Yard Work Finally Got Did

Seems that if I yap about something long enough I will finally get at it and do it. Today at long last I did some yard work. The front yard is almost ready for winter. As I am sitting here I remember that I forgot to dump the water barrel. I can do that later. I am tired right now. My yard is not very big but I am in such sad shape that two and half hours of raking, digging, cutting and hauling and I am done in.

So here is what I did today, some before and afters for your viewing pleasure. The front yard of the homestead before:

Hairy scary, out of control lilac bushes and lots of dead leaves

More dead leaves all over the sidewalk.

Eleventy million dead leaves all over the front yard. Love those big old trees in the summer for the shade but not so much when they drop their leaves all over the lawn. Out came the rake, the snippers, the garden weasel, the shovel and the broom . Fast foreward two and a half hours and it looks like this.

Lilacs got a hair cut and although its hard to tell the flower bed down the sidewalk got worked up with the garden weasel. That big lumpy looking thing is not a rock its a lump of dirt.


Side walk has been swept clean, except for the leaves that continued to fall while I worked like a nut job to get them picked up.

Yard raked, flower beds worked, new soil added and I am done for now. I still have a couple of autumn decorations to put out. I got out the scarecrow and once I am done blogging I am going to nip upstairs and get out the wreath and the autumn sign. Mother Nature is still spitting down dead leaves but its ok. the majority are bagged and ready for the compost bin. I will rake again before the snow flies.

I do know that I will never again not plant flowers. My yard looked like crap this year and I don't like that. I love  flowers and next year darn it, there will be colour in my yard. Its not going to look like an abandoned house, like it did this year.

The laundry is calling

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment