Sunday 9 October 2011

Thanksgiving

It has been a lovely weekend. My back is doing better thanks to ibuprofen being ingested by the handful. I still don't want to do anything too excessive like rake the leaves or clean out the shed but I have managed to get some things done, and I am grateful for that.

I spent most of today doing laundry and sewing the top for a crib quilt. I have the top finished and I can start quilting it after supper. I can't give any details because its a gender specific quilt and I am sworn to silence. The parents are keeping it secret so I cannot let out a peep about it. Its very cute and be sure that pictures will be shown once babe makes an appearance.

I did lots of laundry this weekend. All the cleaning rags, all the grocery bags, my clothes, blankets, towels. All are freshly cleaned an back where they belong. Dishes have been washed and the kitchen floor go mopped. All the while I was doing this I was thinking about Thanksgiving and being thankful. I have a lot to be thankful for. I have a house I love, a job I don't mind doing, food in the fridge, I can pay my bills, I have a wonderful circle of friends and I have the time to do all the crafts I love to do and the promise of learning how to do even more. There are a million more things, far too many to list here but all in all its a good life and I am thankful for it.

I miss timed dinner. I shall be dining like the rich people tonight. Turkey will be done around 8:00. I got sewing and totally forgot to get the dang thing into the oven. Oh well, its only for me so if I don't eat until late its fine. The menu tonight is turkey, hash brown casserole, green beans, stuffing and cranberry pecan pie. Not bad, if I do say so myself. Right now the house smells warmly of roasting turkey. Its a good homey smell. I also have a nice bottle of red to crack open for supper, thanks to one of those good friends of mine. Minou dined earlier on her special thanksgiving supper and like any other self respecting little gluten she is upstairs sleeping off the effects of over eating. Its her favourite treat. so on special days she gets a tin of real tuna fish.

Well I need to go fold the last of the laundry, get the hash brown casserole into the oven and find the corkscrew so I don't have to bite the cork out of the wine.:-)

Happy Thanksgiving one and all.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment