Thursday 6 October 2011

This and That

Finally finally finally I got my hair done. I am shampooed, cut, coloured and it feels fabulous. It was far too long between do's. My grey roots were running amok to say the least. I love the smell of my hair after a trip to the salon. It smells extra yummy. I am very happy with everything which is fabulous because I tried out a new stylist. A nerve wracking experience as every woman knows.

I pulled a muscle in my back and I have spent the day moving very slowly anyplace I had to go. I am hoping it gets over itself for the weekend. I have things that I should be doing seeing as I am going to be home for the weekend. Three days to fill and if I can't move much I am going to feel even more sorry for myself.

Ok that's not totally true, I am not feeling sorry for myself. Well maybe a little bit. Don't get me wrong, I have a good life and 99% of the time I am rather content to bobble along on my own. I have wonderful friends, and thanks to The Carpenter and Busy I am not left to fight over a can of tuna fish with the cat on most of the high holidays. Now I am going to say this without blame and I do not want ANYONE to feel like I am trying to make anyone feel even a smidge guilty because NO ONE is obligated to tend to my happiness 24/7, that is my job.  That being said, there are times when I feel a little sorry for myself because I am alone. I do not expect an invitation for everything. Everyone I know is entitled to do as they please, go where they please, when they please. They all have families of their own for heaven's sake and are entitled to time with them with out extra baggage. I am eternally grateful for being as included as I am in the lives of everyone I know but on the other hand I am allowed to have a little pity party once in a while. I am only feeling this way because of my back. If it was fine I would be looking forward to three days to get some stuff done. All of which requires my back to be in good shape. Sigh. Three days of back pain is not going to make me happy and "not happy" me tends to slide into "oh poor me" mode and then it just gets ugly. Miss Crankypants arrives on the scene. Ok, I am not going to do this, I am going to snap out of it and make the best of my time off.

Moving on. Last night was book club. I love book club evenings, these women are so funny, smart, articulate and diverse. Its interesting, and we are a good group. Its opened me up to new friendships, wonderful new books I would never have experienced on my own and some really good food. Over time I am getting to know more and more about these ladies and their stories. Its all so interesting. Book club is something I really look foreward to.

Tomorrow night is No Cook Friday, another thing I look foreward to each week. Its better than therapy. We always end up laughing our heads off and that is the best medicine for anything that has pissed you off over the week. It relaxes me and lets the crap that has built up over the week, slip away. I hate to miss it.
I will have to miss it the following Friday as I am off to the ballet.

I need to get off the computer, pop some advil and get to bed. I have an new hairdo to show off tomorrow, winning lottery tickets to by and supper to go out to. No self pity allowed!!

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment