Sunday 16 October 2011

Sunday Lazy Sunday

I mentioned in yesterdays post I was mosaic tiling a plant stand. Well its done today and I have the grout all over me to prove it. So here we go with a before picture. My Dad made this fern stand out of 3/4 inch plywood a long long long time ago. I had not finished high school yet, I may not have started high school yet but I needed a fern stand for my room. Over time its been many colours, its even been antiqued, and I have thought of getting rid several times but I am sentimental and because Dad made it, I kept it.




Yesterday I got some glass tile and took another round out of it, giving it yet another face lift in its old age. I am rather pleased with the out come. I am still polishing off the haze on the tiles from the grout but its coming along nicely.

I have a good chunk of the Christmas raffle quilt top finished. I will probably get it done today. I am not working on the bumper pads. I just don't feel like it today so I am going to give it a miss. Bumper pads are not my favourite thing to make so I have to be in the mood.

I am rather pleased with the fact that I packed up a box of donations for the local charity shop AND I actually delivered it today. I did not leave it sitting around for weeks and weeks until I got sit of tripping over it and finally hauled it away. To be honest I had a couple of things in there I was dithering over, so best to get it gone before I crumbled like a house of cards and fished them out again. I know me and my jelly fish will power.

I will spent the rest of my day sewing a quilt top, making soup and catching up on the things I have taped on the TV, maybe I will sneak in a nap before days end. Nothing unusual about this Sunday. Its quiet and relaxed. I am in the craft room puttering about, the cat is upstairs dozing and all is as it should be at the homestead.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment