Monday 10 October 2011

Monday Moment with.................Muffins?

Minou is still recovering from over indulging in tuna fish yesterday and does not feel photo worthy. You know how us girls don't like our picture being taken when we are all bloated and stuff. So she has declined to make her regular Monday appearance and has retired to the upper floors to  rest and return to her usual elegant self. In place of her exalted personage I give you.............Muffins
Pumpkin muffins to be exact, made by my own fair hand with a honkin' big dollop of cream cheese icing on top. I had to snap the picture quickly because they are right out of the oven and within seconds of me taking this picture the icing slid off both muffins. :-) I am not a patient person. The two things that are extraordinary about these muffins are that I actually got up and made them first thing, something I do not usually do and that they have only two ingredients.( Could be why I made them). A spice cake mix and a can of pumpkin puree. Mix together, bake at 350 for 20 minutes. The recipe makes a dozen and they are very good. The icing is not needed but any excuse for cream cheese is good with me. Add a pot of tea and one of my favorite piggy mugs and you have a really good Thanksgiving day breakfast. I think the next time I make them I will make mini muffins, that would be fun.

So I have only managed to make muffins, mess up the kitchen and get dressed so far today. Its nearly noon. Sigh. It was good to sleep in this morning though. This afternoon I have things to do. The rain barrels need to be emptied and put in the shed. The recycle needs to be hauled to the bin before I can no longer get in and out of my back porch. I have to cover the A/C unit before I am doing it knee deep in snow. Then I plan to spend the rest of the day quilting the baby quilt top I stitched up yesterday. Oh yeah I need to clean that kitchen and make another batch of laundry soap.

The last batch I made was in late June. I have enough still to do another wash day and I figure that it costs about $3.50 a batch. It works well enough. I have to spray my clothes but I had to spray stains with any laundry soap I have ever used. I have found an earth friendly stain spray that seems to do the trick. I could probably eliminate that with a little presoaking scrubbing action on my part but I usually forget, so I rely on the spray.  Now that I know I can get coconut oil in town here, my next plan is to try making hand soap. I have found a recipe that looks reasonably easy onto the internet so I am going to give it a whirl. :-) The laundry soap has no harsh chemicals in it and it is so easy to make.

Its raining here today, a typical overcast, gloomy fall day. I don't mind though. Its a good day to snuggle in and quilt. Must get the chores done first, or do I have to??????????? :-)

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment