Thursday 25 August 2011

Don't you hate it when

A telemarketer jars you out of a sleep, especially when you are just about to fall into a nice deep sleep? Then you have that jello jiggler feeling in your tummy for awhile and you are all rattled and cranky?? This has happened to me twice now, next time I am looking for a nap I am turning off the ringer on the phone. Hmmph. It just gets little Miss Crankypants all rilled up.

Anyhoo now that I am all up and cranky and stuff, I decided to blog for a bit before I start to think of what to make for supper. I promise though I won't rant and rave about nothing. I have made some decisions. Just little things but I managed to make some choices.

I have decided that the Sept long weekend will be prime time to get the kitchen floor installed. Its the start of my vacation time, I have no plans to go anywhere that weekend, Best Friend is not coming out until the second week of my vacation so those three days are it. I will have a lovely new floor down for her visit. I am looking foreward to it in spite of the fact it means that I get to wrestle with the fridge and stove again. Oh well one last time.

My other decision is about the first week of my vacation. A work friend has ever so generously offered me the use of her family cabin for four days. I have long wanted to rent a cabin and just spend sometime doing nothing but read, sleep, eat, craft, lallygag around but as always money it the issued as to whether or not I get to holiday like I wish to. Free cabin is too good to pass up. I have not really taken a proper holiday by myself  and I am thinking its about time. So that is what I am going to do this year. I am sooooo looking foreward to it.

I am all a dither about what projects to take with me, a quilt, the puppets, my table loom??? what to do what to do. I have a little table loom that is easy to transport and it would be a perfect time to do a couple of things. Nothing to distract me and time to work on my weaving skills. I just don't know, I have quilts that really need to get done and I could get at least one totally quilted in four uninterrupted days. What a wonderful problem to have. What crafty things will I do for four days straight? Rest assured there are many lists being made even as we speak.

Speaking of things crafty, I did promise to share a little quilt project with you, its the quilt I made for the Grandbaby. Grandbaby has it now so its no longer a secret.
I call it Baby Bubbles. I have not done a lot of circles and I was happy with how this one turned out. Its just a little scrap quilt but  I tried to stay in the same colour palette that Mommy chose for the nursery. I really like to make baby things. I have ever so many patterns that I want to make and most of them are baby quilts.

Well now I am thinking I need some supper.

Later

Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment