Saturday 13 August 2011

call me all grown up and responsible

Just getting the house back in order from, the shower. I cleaned up 90 % of it that night but I did the last of it today. Goodness its nice to have a dishwasher on days like that. I usually only run my dishwasher once a week. Its all I need to do and it saves me from having to do dishes. I figure the water usage evens out if I use the dishwasher once a week or I wash dishes every day. My big problem now is where to store the punch bowl. Sigh.

Today I was so pleased with myself when I went for groceries. I finally went to a local butcher shop to get the meat I needed. They use local producers so that makes me feel good. I get the majority of my beef from my niece and her husband but for the odds and ends from now on I think I will go to this local place. I have lunch almost each workday with the butchers wife and she says her husband tells her there are no lips and assholes in his handmade wieners, that cracks me up. Seriously though, I am getting more and more to want to buy local. Miss Mouse's beef has spoiled me for that force feed tasteless stuff  from the supermarket. Farm fresh is so much better.

With "keeping it local"  in mind, I stopped at a farm truck parked in the Canadian Tire parking lot and got most of my fresh produce. Farm fresh potatoes, corn, onions and cucumbers. Yummy and once again produced locally. I keep telling myself to do this but its just a habit to hit the local grocery store and get it all in one stop. What I bought today was very reasonably priced so I don't feel like I broke the bank to get fresh stuff.

So now I am getting back on track of doing things the way I want to do them, less chemicals, less impact on the environment and healthier for me. I have lots more things I can change but at least I have taken some more steps towards my goals.

One of these days I am going to try making hand soap. Since I am so pleased with the laundry soap I am making and using I want to try bar soap. I will keep you posted if this comes to be more than just a thought floating around in my head.

I rewarded myself today for doing what I have been promising myself to do for so long, I finally bought myself a proper tea infuser. I have been wanting to get one for a while now. Oh and I bought some new tea as well, can't go into the local specialty tea shop and not buy tea. Seriously people give your head a shake.

Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment