Wednesday 17 August 2011

Couldn't I just eat sushi with a fork and spoon??

Ok I am just kidding, I am diligently trying to learn to eat sushi with chop sticks. The hostess and I went out for sushi tonight, which we both like and its not something we get to have all that often. I use the chop sticks because I really really want to learn how to use them and use them well  but trust me, in my heart I would give anything for a fork and a spoon. Not to mention that sushi was not something I thought I would ever like but I do. I don't like all of it but I like enough that I can stuff my self happy with fishy goodness.

So its mid week and I am totally looking forward to the weekend. This fact is not a complete news flash for anyone that knows me, but this weekend is extra exciting. I am going to Home Depot and I am getting the new flooring for my kitchen. Yay!!! I am also going go and see if I can find a headboard for my bed. I have a little money set aside and now is the time to spend spend spend it!!

I don't know when I will get the floor done but I am going to get going on it as soon as possible. I cannot wait to see a ocean of faux cork gracing my kitchen floor. Doing the kitchen will not be like doing the living room and dining room because there is not a lot of furniture to move. I can pull the stuff out and then slide it back into place when I am done with that section of flooring. Once the kitchen is done I am also going to paint the red spare bedroom. I have the perfect grey coloured paint picked out but I will not get it until I am ready to start the painting.

In two and a half weeks, I am going to be on two weeks vacation. (Hoot, holler, dance around like a demented monkey). Best friend is trying to wing it so she can come visit. She has no kids living at home anymore and hubby works away so she should be able to come. I am going to try to get the painting done after she heads back home. I am itching to get at the renos. Once the kitchen floor is laid and the red room is painted the only room left will be my bedroom. Maybe in the spring I will tackle it once the bank account has recovered.  That will be the whole house redone, top to bottom. Maybe it will be time to start over? NOT.

Well I need to take out a load of laundry and put another in. Wash and bag up a head of lettuce for lunches, then I need to find two important pieces of mail that I have put somewhere safe and no longer an find. Sigh. I wish I would stop doing this to myself.


Happy mid week

Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment