Saturday 20 August 2011

Saturday Stuff

Well there it is, 8 boxes of faux cork flooring that is going to cover up the horrid stuff its currently sitting on and make my kitchen as complete as it can be until I can afford to rip out the cabinets and remodel them. I even ordered a headboard today. It will come in early September. I got the fitted sheet I need to make the dust ruffle so I am good to go. My bank account is whimpering so I think I am set for awhile. Although I did see a stove while I was at Home Depot that I really want. I need to start saving the pennies again so I can get it next. I can so hear my dear Mother's voice going on about how I just get one thing and then I want another. I say its what keeps me going.

That was my morning, running about willy nilly and spending my money. How unlike me. (cough cough)  Then I got home just in time for my friend to arrive with her adorable four year old daughter. We had lunch then spent a good part of the afternoon playing at a local indoor play place. This little girl is sooooo precious and sooo good she just makes you smile to look at her. She played quite well all on her own, she didn't fuss or demand she just ran about with a big grin on her little face and had a whale of a time. As always happens when you have not gotten enough sleep and have had way too much stimulation, she got tired and had the quietest little melt down I have ever seen. Big tears and a "Mommy I am having a hard afternoon" signaled it was time for them to head to the hotel and an nap, not to mention the plaintive little "I just want to cuddle with you Mommy" could not be ignored.

She reminds me of my great niece Zoomer. She is very articulate and she just sparkles. It was nice to see the world again through a child's eye. I had forgotten how interesting and exciting even ordinary things can be. How a cup of blue jello can make you beam, how you can hardly walk a straight line when there are so many things to do, so much to look at and how little bits of plastic in a blister pack can turn you into an instant princess. I really must confess that of all the "nevers"  that live in my never land, not having children of my own  is the biggest regret I have.  Ah well.

Tomorrow I am planning to try and do some weeding in the yard. Its in an appalling state.  I need to plant a rhubarb root and I have a puppet order to work on. I have three puppets made so far and a fourth half done. I have one week before school starts so I am thinking I will manage to get them completed on time. Then I can get going on the last of the university order.

Later.

Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment