Monday 1 August 2011

Monday Moment with Me

No I did not remove carpet from my bedroom on this day. It's very reminiscent of the interior of an oven in my bedroom at the moment. I decided that the sensible thing to do would be leave the carpet removal to a cooler day. I did get the bed frame put together and under the bed which had me a sweaty mess by the time i finished but at least  my bed is off the floor once again. My knees are currently singing the hallelujah chorus.

I decided that I could not refit the old dust ruffle to the new bed so I am  going to make an entirely new one. That is the sensible thing to do. This too will be done at a later date because I need to get a fitted sheet to act as the base. That means a trip to the store and right now I am not interested in tripping anywhere.

Remember my gold cake stand


Now its black and looks a lot better in my opinion


Teddy bear dropped by today and we she cut down the last of the tree in the back yard. Now all I have to do is kill the stump and I have a spot to plant a proper old fashioned lilac bush. I also need to clean up the branches that we cut off the stump but I am leaving that for a cooler day as well. Its ugly humid outside, wet hot blanket time which equals dish rag, no ambition time for me.

So inside, in the cool, I patched together a backing for my Happy Squares quilt. I was using left over pieces from other projects. So now its all pinned and ready to be quilted.

I want to get some flannelette for the church quilt back, and that means a trip to the fabric store. This one had all the parts needed here in my house and did not need me to change my clothes. Mostly on the weekends I am not fit for public consumption, I need some work before I can be seen in public. Today I have little to no interest in setting foot off the homestead, the humidity kicked what little ambition I had in that direction into touch.

I'm going quilting instead.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment