Sunday 29 December 2013

Holy Frozen Nose Boogers Batman!!!




Holy frozen nose boogers Batman, its cold outside!! Not just nippy, not just crisp, its down right freezing out there and I don't want to go out. In fact I have managed to stay snugly tucked up inside for the most of the weekend. Go Me!! However..............

Yesterday when I got up it was a blizzard. Snow, blowing snow, freezing winds, snow drifts, just the perfect day to stay inside but I, loon that I am, got up and headed out to Wally World and the grocery store. Both Minou and I need supplies, so I had little to no choice. Well that is not true, I could have stayed in and waited out the storm which ended at noon, then I could have gone out in a million degrees below frozen hell. I chose to brave the winds and get groceries. Which I did in record speed and then managed to get my self back here and stayed put. I stayed put even though I was invited to go see Saving Mr Banks, which I really really wanted to see but could not convince myself that going out in the cold was worth it.

Now I am trying to convince myself to go out and shovel the back path. I made myself get out and shovel the front sidewalk to day. Frozen nose hairs and scuttled back inside even thought the back desperately needs doing. I snowplowed my way through knee deep snow  on Saturday dragging things in from the car but it was no fun at all. Needs a shovel but I am having little to no luck talking myself into donning coat and mitts to do it. Sad because it will only take a very few minutes. The cold is not the only deterrent. My ankles, knees, and lower back are aching something fierce today. The cold does this old lady no good at all. I feel like the tin man out in the rain, if I get much stiffer, I shall cease to move at all. Yikes.

So, while I debated with myself, I finished quilting on my wall hanging. I have literally had this material for years and only now have gotten around to making it up. I finally finished the quilting and the binding to day.


I had forgotten about it to be honest, but on of my co-workers has one hung up in her office this year and it reminded me of my own. I am glad to have it finished. Now I can move on to the next project, a new little hat for Tater Tot.

I also go the last of the Santa's for the Santa Parade this year. This Jolly old elf is the last one to complete the staircase. I found him at Stupid Store and I love the fact that he looks like he is in his sweats, ready to relax until next year. A very round little chap isn't he? There are 18 Santa's in the parade. A storage nightmare but I like them so I deal with it.


Not much else going on here. I plan to make soup, porridge and some sort of supper at some point today. Soup and porridge for breakfast and lunches in the coming week. I am looking at getting back to living more frugally again and that starts with cutting out eating out as much as I do. Not to mention its far healthier to make your own. Steel cut oats on a cold winter morning are just delicious!!

Well I am running out of excuses and time. Shoveling needs to be done and done soon unless I want to be out there in the dark.........not!! So since miracles are not happening and the snow is not melting, elves are not out there doing it for me, I am going to get me boots on!! Sigh. I just keep telling myself how good it will feel to have it finished.

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment