Wednesday 25 December 2013

Counting My Blessings

Still no lights 

So my Christmas at home began at 1:00 pm yesterday when my office closed its doors and Teddy Bear and I went out for lunch. On the way home I stopped and got tuna fish for Minou. Its her treat and everyone deserves a treat at Christmas. I came home, had a nap, made tea with some lovely homemade cookies which were a Christmas gift from one of the No Cook ladies, then I cleaned the kitchen. The table is still junk free so it took no time at all. I also finally got the cover put on the air conditioner, what a difference that has made in the house temperature. How I forgot I will never know!!

Christmas eve supper was scallops, bacon wrapped chicken, coconut shrimp, spring rolls and brie and fig cups. Chocolate cream puffs rounded off the meal as desert. Yummy!! I have lots  left overs to use for New Years Eve. I then watched Christmas in Connecticut and White Christmas. I was going to indulge in a Christmas Carole but I just could not stay awake. Annoyingly I  have developed a chest infection and a rotten cold, so rest was more important.

This morning, I got up, did not get out of my jammies, I simply came down stairs, lite up one of the trees, flipped the fireplace channel onto the tv and made myself ham, eggs, toast and hashbrowns. I then sat down and while I munched up my breakfast, I counted my blessings.I have may blessings to count, to name a few, I have a warm house, , family and friends that love me, a full fridge and freezer, a job that pays the bills, a good car, presents under my tree and I could go on and on. I am blessed in a million ways and am grateful for each and everyone.

Breakfast completed, dishes done, presents opened and admired, the Queen's speech watched, now I am looking foreward to more old Christmas movies, some crafting, more coffee and maybe a nap or two. I may not get dressed today, I may just stay in my pj's and lounge around. I will see how I feel. This infection and  cold are still here but its not getting worse so again I am grateful. Oh yes and I am grateful for the Buckley;s cold pills I found in the cabinet.

I hope your Christmas is lovely and as wonderful as can be.

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment