Sunday 8 December 2013

Tired but Happy...Getting Christmas Stuff Done

The baking is done, the baking is done!!! I am one happy little Christmas Elf.  Yesterday I did this


And then today I did this


So I have the baking completed to take with me for Christmas. I enjoyed every minute of it but I have to admit I am tired. I am looking forward to an evening of crocheting and movie watching.

The lights, ornaments, wreath and garland plus bows are up on the front of the house.

We have more snow this is an old picture but the house looks the same. 

The Santa's are parading down the stairs


Mom's tree is the center piece of the Christmas Village as it is each year:


And while I did not put up all the trees, the Pig tree is up. It has no lights because I have not worked up the energy to put them on but its up. I got a bigger tree this year. I am still collecting ornaments of the piggy nature so I need more room to hang them. I usually do a large regular tree, a ginger bread man tree for the kitchen and a Family tree for the entry. The family tree has all the little ornaments on it that I have made each year for the family.


So I think the house is as decorated as its going to be this year. Not a fraction of the stuff is out but that is fine, its nice to downplay it some years. I am pleased with it all and while I have some things to finish up I am feeling good about things. One gift to purchase, three to finish making and then presents to wrap. Stocking stuffers are done, decorating is done, baking is done. Its good.

So I think I will go have a little nap, get up and tidy the house then spend the rest of the evening crochet hook in hand, snuggled in my favorite chair watching some Christmas movie. Sounds like the perfect end to the evening to me.

Toodles, 
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment