Sunday 22 December 2013

Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time

Ok I could get used to this. Days off, home with the family, come back, work two days, two days off, work a day and a half then two and a half days off, work one day, two days off. Not a bad schedule if you ask me. I have been having the best weekend!! I don't want it to end. I am in the middle of this wonderful short work weeks and its just the best!!

My wonderful weekend started with No Cook Friday as always which is great fun. Those friends of mine are so fun to spend time with. Saturday allowed me to get out and get some errands done then I did some fun shopping. I have a few stores that I like to go to each year around Christmas time. I had not done that yet so I hit a few of them up on Saturday morning. I also went to a couple of second stores. I totally scored at one of them

Partylite candle Thingys that I would not have bought full price because they are rather expensive, Great quality but pricey.  I got these for $3.00 at a second hand store. There is one more piece that I want so I need to keep my eye open for it. I am completely tickled at my find.

Shopping is not all that I have been doing, I have been finishing some projects that have been lingering about my house for a couple of years now. First one was this wall hanging, I got it two years ago and have just now gotten it quilted and hung for the season


Its the 12 days of Christmas. I have it hung at the top of the stairs over the Santa Parade. Glad to have it finished.

Today I fished this poor abused sweater out of my "possible projects" pile. A co-worker washed this lamb's wool sweater and shrunk it, felted it and generally made it unfit to wear. I saved it from the garbage can and today turned it into this:


I did not get the foot cut out quite right but I am pleased with the result. It makes a nice Christmas stocking and it now hides the legs of the table I stuck the Pig Tree on in a last minute decision. I really should have totally unfolded the table cloth under the tree before I decorated but I didn't. Its like the lights on the tree, I just forgot but now its hidden and the stocking looks ready for Father Christmas to fill.


It would not be Christmas unless I made one or two Christmas runners. I love runners and I like to make them.  This one I made for E as she is really hard to buy for but she does appreciate a handmade gift. I may make myself one but I have to think of where I would put it, I am running out of need for runners, (I have several don't you know. )

It has not all been fun work around here I do get out to play once in a while, last night I went to see Frozen with a couple of friends, what a sweet little movie. I recommend going to see it. We were out for coffee afterward then I stopped at Stupid Store to pickup a couple of things for Christmas Eve. I wanted scallops. Stupid Store has cheap scallops. I fully intend on observing the appetizers for supper tradition on Christmas Eve even though I shall be here and the family will be other wise engaged. Appetizers, White Christmas and A Christmas Carol (with Allister Sim) on DVD will be my evening. I was not going to brave Stupid Store during the day, its a mad house but at 10:30 pm it was not so bad. During the trip there I got the last Santa that will complete the parade on the stairs. There is literally no more room there for any more of the Jolly old boys. I have not taken his picture yet but I will, he is the roundest of the Santa's and totally a cutie

Iam going to make candied pecans with the rest of my day, wash the bathroom floor and the hallway, put fresh clean sheets on the bed and crochet until bed time. Thanks to Scentsy my house smells totally of cinnamon and cloves. The lights are twinkling in the Dickens village and one of the trees. (yes I have not put lights on the one I forgot and it looks like I never will)  Candles are flickering in the Partylite pieces. My home looks wonderfully Christmasy. Its cold outside and I am snuggly tucked up in my little house, no place to be but at home, relaxing and taking it easy. Yes I could get very used to this!!

I hope you are having a wonderful time on this lead up to the Big Day!!

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment