Tuesday 17 December 2013

Feeling Blessed

Inhaling deeply and exhaling, feeling relaxed, happy and very blessed. Its Christmas time, my favourite time, and I am enjoying it to the fullest. I am finished with Christmas shopping but I do have two gifts left to wrap, then deliver them and one more.  I am having a hard time to think that Christmas is still coming. You see I have already had my Christmas. We celebrated last weekend and oh what a good weekend we had!!

Last weekend as the only free time we all had to get together so that is what we did. We gathered at Miss Mouse and the Farmer's house. The Pilot, the Teacher, the Carpenter and Busy and me all got together to exchange gifts and pass the Tater Tot around for much cuddling, kissing and marveling at his new ability to smile. Not easily caught on camera, this new smile, but oh so much fun to coax out of him. He is just the sweetest little thing. Smiling or not.

I started calling him Farmer Boy but Tater Tot is what pops into my head when I think of him so its easier for me to use that name for him.

Weather and road conditions cooperated to get me there. I arrived to find Miss Mouse and Busy cooking up a storm, music playing and Tater Tot snoozing, content as could be in his swing, right in the middle of all the hubbub. We gossiped, laughed and carried on until we had to wake the baby to feed him. Little man was snoozy, he could not really even wake up to eat. The Farmer and the Carpenter were hauling grain and the other two guests did not get there until later around 9:30. 

Once we were all present and accounted for we had our traditional Christmas Eve supper of appies and drinks. Super scrumptious as always. Off to bed to wait for Santa to come and he did. Miss Mouse got her wish of sleeping through the night as Daddy and Grandma were more than willing to do feeding and diaper duty through the night. 

We are very lucky in this family, we are able to give and receive with out hardship. This year it was fun to indulge the Tater Tot. We waited so long for him and he is such a precious gift, its hard not to give him stuff.
Not to mention his parents have lots of friends and family that are celebrating him this year. We could hardly find him in the pile of his presents.


Lots of books and clothes in this pile. A few toys and one big wagon to ride around in when he gets a little bigger. This picture makes me smile. I don't imagine we will be able to make him wait for his presents next year. All the years of having no little ones, we got into the habit of opening one gift at a time while the others watch to see what you got. I think that little tradition is on its way out. Tater Tot will take care of that in short order.


Busy has taken up the role of doting Grandma with amazing ease. Not to mention the Carpenter does a very good job of being Grandpa.

It was nice to see the Pilot and the Teacher again. Its been awhile. They have good news, she has a shiny new rock on her finger. Looks like she is a keeper. Wedding plans were a hot topic for the weekend.


The rest of us joined in on the gift opening. 


We had a lovely weekend but this is what makes me the happiest, seeing Miss Mouse snuggling her baby boy. That is just simply the best thing ever. I love how he sits with his little hands clasped. If I could just get a picture of him smiling.


We dined on our usual Christmas morning breakfast. Breakfast Bruchetta, Monkey nuts, Fruit and Mimosas




Beautiful flowers where a birthday gift to Miss Mouse from her parents, another tradition. Prim rib for supper instead of turkey. Totally delicious. The evening was spent playing games. We all had to go our separate ways on Sunday. A short and sweet family gathering. I am so blessed that they include me in their Christmas. I am included and wanted not just tolerated out of duty or obligation. There is a big difference and believe me a person knows when they are merely tolerated. 

Lots of hugs and good wishes on Sunday as we all scattered to the winds. The weather coming home was not the best, lots of snow and blowing snow but I made it, safe and sound. I took three days off from work to relax and get ............. I am not sure what but I can tell you now I am wishing I had taken the whole week off. Whatever I hoped to get on these three days, I could use more of it. I don't know where the time is going or what I have been doing but all I know is that tomorrow is Wednesday and my house still looks a mess. I have made a Christmas runner, three pairs of pajama pants and a crocheted hat in the last two days. I guess I have managed to do something but not any house work it seems. 

Toodles,
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment