Thursday 26 December 2013

All Done but the Clean Up

So Christmas is finished and Boxing day is complete. Now is the time to start looking at de-decorating the house, getting back to normal and starting the cleaning that comes after Christmas. I don't know about you but I always get the urge to purge after the holidays. I am going to take advantage of the feeling this year. I dearly want to purge out some of the Christmas decorations that I don't put out anymore. Some of them I am just tired of and oh my Lord I have a lot of Christmas decorations!!. That's just me, if one is good, eleven is better and a hundred is best. Sigh, I missed out that minimal gene in my make up.

Today I had just planned to stay home. There are no bargains out there to tempt me to go shopping today. I am just not able to stand the crowds anymore. So I planned to stay home, watch the Mrs. Brown's Boys marathon on BBC Canada and quilt on a Snowman wall hanging. I have had the hanging for literally years, long before I moved into this house but I just never bothered to quilt it. So I started it yesterday and planned to continue on today. Happy Surprise, I did not stay home, I got to go out for lunch.

The Hostess was in town so she called me up and we made a Sushi lunch date. Teddy Bear came too and it was lovely. We got to have a visit, eat good food and spend some time together. I like sushi but I only seem to go with the Hostess. We has a long leisurely lunch, then scattered to the winds. The Hostess to the mall, Teddy Bear back home and I back to my quilting.

Its back to work tomorrow, only for one day and then its the weekend. (Not a bad week this). Not sure what I will do with my weekend. I could start to put away the Christmas stuff. I should but I have not decided yet. I may leave it until after Jan 1st.  I shall leave it as see how I feel come the weekend.

I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas.

Toodles.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment