Wednesday 14 March 2012

On my first day of vacation I crashed the car

Well I have had better days but on the whole it could have been a lot worse.  I could have sworn car crash was not on my "to do" list for today but I did it anyway.

I am fine, the fellow in the other car was fine, the cars not so much but cars are replaceable. He just turned infront of me, he was busy watching the traffic in the other lane and did not once look my way. I saw it but could not stop and we crashed. I have some scratches and bruises from the seat belt. I am sore and a little headachy and I expect to be more sore tomorrow morning but I am fine.

See just some scratches and you can see a little pale purple just at the edge of my shirt. It gets more purple as it goes across the top of my boob and under my arm but I am not taking pictures of that, cause I am shy. And for heavens sake ignore my cottage cheese neck. Blech!!

I now get to sit and wait to see what the insurance people say about my car. I will pass that bridge when I get to it. These are the silver linings in the crap cloud of my day. The guy in the other car admitting instantly to the police officer that it was totally his fault. He also paid for my cab to get me home. A fellow from across the street voluntarily gave me his name and phone number as a witness, with out having to be asked and I have my wonderful friends fussing over me and making sure I am ok. Its all as good as it can be.

Tomorrow I will sort out some wheels for myself, I hope. I do not do well without a car at my disposal and since my tv has croaked I feel like I am in the seventh circle of Linda hell. This too shall pass,

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment