Thursday 22 March 2012

Bye Bye Intrepid

I no longer own an Intrepid, its gone to the big scrap yard at the edge of town. I don't even have a picture of my poor crumpled baby. I am thinking the local jail is easier to break in and out of that this scrap yard. Sign in, sign out, date, time, phone number,  leave your driver's licence, phone, camera at the desk. NO PICTURES FOR ANY REASON IN THE YARD... thank you very much. Present your official letter that you and you alone are the registered owner of the car and are allowed by King and Country to enter you own car and remove your own personal items. You can only have one other person with you at the most, no children whatsoever. You will be observed at all times, (that was true, there were so many people around I could not have got away with anything). List and sign for every item you remove from the car, leave a blood sample, your first born child and then maybe you can get out of there alive. Well maybe I went overboard about the blood and kin but the rest is all true. Not to mention you have to wear a nifty orange vest so no one runs over you while you are there. Yikes.

I was amazed at how much stuff I had in the car. I had to get a little cart to haul it all away with me. Methinks I will need to purge some of the excess so that it does not all go back into the new car when I get one. Thankfully you were allowed to bulk list the items you removed, use group terms not each individual thing, I would still be there if that was the case. I am also grateful that I had lots of things in tote boxes, for easy transport.

So that was my morning today, signing the agreement for the settlement for my poor crushed car, cleaning out the old car and then getting myself to work. I still have the rental car but as of tomorrow I am paying for that baby myself. The pressure to get another car is mounting. I could not feel more overwhelmed. But hundreds, of hundreds, of thousands, of people do this car buying thing every single day and they manage it. I see no reason why I cannot do it either. The perfect car is out there waiting for me. I just need to find it. Like yesterday. Personally I just want to keep the rental car, I love it. Its a Mazda 5 and its so perfect. Lottery Gods are you listening????

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment