Saturday 17 March 2012

In Mourning and Sewing

Well yesterday I got the bad news, not unexpected but bad still the same, that my car is totaled. Sigh, I am sans car and not at all happy about it. My car and my television are very important to me and both have died this month. I am not happy, I am in mourning, Part of me is stomping her little footies in frustration  but this too shall pass. It the grand scheme of things its just a minor irritation. Lots of people have far bigger problems than I.

To be honest its already getting better and brighter, thanks to my wonderful, wonderful friends. I have had so many calls and emails of concern and offers of rides, cars even, and lots of "let me know if you need anythings". I feel so special!!. Little Mommy brought me a flat screen tv as a loaner. She did not even ask, just brought it so I could watch tv in my comfy chair. She thought that would make me feel better while I missed my car. I also have a rental car at the moment so I am mobile again. Its a lovey Mazda 5. I would like to keep it but that would take a major lottery win. Are you listening Universe???? Major lottery win would be helpful, I'm just sayin'.

So I have tv and a car, the world has righted itself for a moment and all is well in Lindaland. I will find out on Monday or Tuesday how much they will offer on my car. Once I know that, I will know where I stand on getting another one. Until then I am just going to have to let things slide. I cannot control it until I know what I am dealing with. I would really like to get another car without having to borrow money. Its wonderful to borrow it but then the buggers want you to pay it back. Imagine? T he nerve!!

Enough about that, whilst I have been mourning the premature death of my beloved car, I have been sewing. Happily sewing on a king sized quilt that I have owed to a lady for three years now. Ack!! Shame on me. My plan is to have it completed so she can pick it up in mid April.
Yesterday I finally got the tubs of material out and found the bits and pieces I wanted for this scrappy creation. Once I had the sewing table mounded with material I commenced cutting and sewing on this quilt I am calling "Square Dance"

As I cannot be trusted to sew anything these days
on my own, the house Snoopervisor took up residence on my material and did her best to hinder
help me get the job done.

Even my trick of taking a break to noodle around on the computer failed to move her off my work. She mearly shifted position to keep an eye on what I was up to.

She has that exasperated look on her face doesn't she? Like she is fed up that I am on the 'puter and not at the sewing machine. Baby girl takes her job of supervising me very seriously
She eventually decided that I could be left to sew on may own and moved her royal butt off my material and I could make headway much quicker. Personally I think being disturbed by me pulling material out from under her had something to do with it. She squeaks at me every time I do it. Its rather funny, this annoyed little squeak she give. Minou does not meow, she squeaks, croaks, grunts and chirps but she does not meow.

So the piles of material have gone, they are packed  back into the storage tubs to await the next quilt and I have  piles of these now, completed squares, waiting to be assembled into the beginnings of a quilt top. I am not usually so tidy about my work but this time I took the time and I am glad. The sewing.craft room has limited space and I am trying to keep it from becoming a disaster.
I cannot tell you the joy I feel when I am quilting. It's one of my most favourite thing to do. I love making something from scraps of nothing. A beautiful, practical, useful something. These squares will form the center of the quilt, 7x7 rows of squares that are 12" square. (yeah I'm old school, I still do inches, not metric). Each square consists of a center 6" square with 12 3" squares dancing around it hence the name Square Dance.

I have the windows open today, enjoying the spring like weather. I have taken a short break to blog this and now I am going back to the machine to start sewing the squares together. Oh it is a happy day after all. All the bad things can drift away while I am busy creating.

Later!!
Toodles,
Linda

UPDATE::

The center section of this quilt is put together. Oh it
has been a good, good day here on the homestead.

Tomorrow I will get back at puppet making and try to finish the  university order. Only five left to make.

Whoot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment