Wednesday 7 March 2012

A Pause in Puppet Production

This evening found me lacking the correct colours of wool to continue on with the puppets and since I cannot just sit and watch tv without something to occupy my hands, especially if I am alone, I needed a project. So what to do? What to do? I was not in the mood to do housework, I did not wish to knit, no wool to crochet puppets and I did not feel like getting started on one of the quilts that I need to make. I wants quick, easy and  gratifying, something to kill the boredom.

Out of boredom was born Ornsby the Owl


Once again, I am sure you are dazzled by my stellar photographic skills. He is over exposed and fuzzy but he is cute, no?  He is a lovely olive green and pumpkin orange but you may not be able to see that in the photo. I stumbled on a tutorial on YouTube and thought I would give him a whirl. I love owls and I can see me making some more of this little charmer. I will definitely  make some bigger as Ornsby is only about the size of a softball. The pattern needs some tweaking for me but all in all, for a first attempt, I am rather pleased with his little self. He is going to work with me tomorrow and will sit on my desk just to make me smile.

I started looking on YouTube for a tutorial for this when I found the owls:
A zippered pouch to store all those till slips and instant teller receipts, etc that accumulate in my purse and make it look a dreadful mess. My wallet is not big enough to hold them all, so they get stuffed into my purse, willy nilly and it ends up looking like a mini version of hoarders. I wanted something to stuff them into and still keep the purse neat. I found a tutorial that was so quick and easy, I will definately be making some more of these for myself. I see endless possibilities for them in different sizes. Make up, knitting notions, sewing kit, coupons, jewelry when you travel, bits and bobs etc.


Look how neatly lined it is. I recycled the zipper from my stash of reclaimed zippers, the material came from the quilt scraps so it suits my sensibilities perfectly. Win win all around I would say. It really took no time at all to zip it up on the machine. My next one will be big enough to actually hold my makeup. The current make up bag is half the size it needs to be, crap spilling out everywhere.....yuk.

Another thing I want to do when I take another mini break from this last puppet order is I want to sew a cover for my sewing machine. It really needs something to keep it dust free when its not in use and I saw one on a blog that I read regularly.  I may go hunting a tutorial for that or I may just throw caution to the winds and do it with only my sewing machine and my imagination. It really did not look that complicated.

Making something useful out of something that would normally have been thrown away, like an old zipper and some scraps of material, gives me a happy.

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment