Friday 2 March 2012

The End of the Week

No matter how grizzly the week may be, how many stupid mistake you make, how many times you have ground your teeth in frustration, Friday makes it all better. Supper out with good friends, laughter, good food, coffee and  wonderful conversation and the world rights itself and all is well once again. Oh how I love my No Cook Friday nights. Its cheaper than therapy and tons more fun.

I have the whole weekend ahead of me to do as I please. Ah yes, to be free to spend the time in frivolous adventures like the laundry, vacuuming, dishes, washing floors, cleaning house. You know all those mad cap things us single gals get up to on the weekends. I know how to party the weekend away. I may throw in bread making and some mending just to cap off the mayhem.

Sad thing is  I actually don't mind cleaning the house. I rather enjoy it. If I didn't have to work I would have a much cleaner house than I do. SO tomorrow is cleaning day. Sunday will be tea with the Hostess if we can coordinate the timing, and crafting. I have puppets still to make for the university. I have them started but many more to go.

Oh I go such a good deal today. I got 9 balls of pure wool for $10. Someone had started a sweater and never finished it. They had the wool on the local web page and I snapped it up. Its a black with some beige flecks in it, its lovely stuff and I think there may be enough for a sweater for me. I am hoping. If not I will find something to do with it. I am just dancing with the bargain.

I bought a sweater at the local thrift shop last week that I plan to rip out and salvage with lovely navy wool. I paid $3.00 for the sweater. If this works reasonably well I will keep my eyes open for other sweaters that I can salvage wool from. I like this idea, it is a bargain and its recycling, two of my favourite things. I think this is an untapped market of possibilities.

Well I am going to go curl up and watch a tad of tv before I get to bed. Its been a long week and I am looking foreward to no alarm clock tomorrow. Love it

Toodles,

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment