Tuesday 24 January 2012

Where did my mojo go??

I am just not motivated to do anything lately, no Monday Moment with Minou, no regular blog posts, the puppets aren't done, the poncho is not knit, my house is a mess and yes the blasted Christmas trees are still in residence in the freakin' kitchen. ARRRRRGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I am annoying myself. Yet I sit here, blogging when I should be crocheting, or making a decent supper. The last two nights its been crackers and lemon honey, not so much a balanced healthy diet.

Last night I had a good excuse, I was in the dark, literally. A local business burnt to the ground, thankfully no one was hurt. The hydro pole that services my area was right beside the building so for the entire evening, from 7:00 pm to the wee hours of the morning there was no power at the old homestead. I went to bed around 9:30 as it was getting a little chilly and I was bored. I tried to crochet but I did not have enough candle light to really be able to see well. Gave my self a head ache so I gave up, crawled into bed and had a long uninterrupted snooze. Bliss.

Tonight I have no excuse, seriously I cannot keep avoiding doing what needs to be done. I need an imaginary kick in the pants. I need a tonic, I need......................to smarten up is what I need. It strange, because on the whole once I get going at something, I am happy to putter away at it. I seem to be having trouble getting going. I can pop out a puppet in a couple of hours once I pick up the hook, so far picking up the hook has been almost 4 hours in the thinking stage and still I have not done it. What is up with me???

I have no idea. All I know is that if I eat any more lemon honey I am going to throw up. Well maybe not throw up but its not going to be pretty. Me thinks I should go make some real food, then see if I can't wrap myself around the crochet hook and get hookin'. Mama needs her new stove and the puppets are a means to an end.

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment