Thursday 5 January 2012

University Puppets

I have finally finally finally finished the puppets that the university had ordered from me. I delivered the last 7 of them today and thought that was it. Silly silly me. We knew it was coming didn't we???  Yep we were right. I have another order for at least 4 more and the promise of more orders to come. I am not as disappointed about this as I thought. I admit, I was looking foreward to some puppet free time,  some time to devote myself to quilting but on the other hand.................. I do love the money that these little critters provide me. So I will work on the four that they want and await contact for more orders.

I know I have something special in these puppets, I just don't know what to do with it. People have such a positive reaction to them . They are cute, far cuter in person than in pictures. I guess I just have to be open to the possibilities and see where it takes me. I have made over 500 of the little beasties, I have loved each one and I am up to the challenge of making more. I love the fact that I have to pull these little guys out of my head. Make up a pattern and go from there. Its been the best challenge. I have done all sorts of animals, especially for the university.

This is Percy the Porcupine, one of my top three favourites

For now I will take a small break, do some more quilting and the get back at the puppets. I am just happy to have those last 7 finished and delivered.

Toodles

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment