Saturday 14 January 2012

Bye Bye Christmas

FINALLY I have had some time to be at home and the energy to tackle putting away the Christmas things. Its so sad to see it all being tucked away for another year. I have to admit that its so much more fun getting out the Christmas stuff than it is putting it away. And as per my usual attitude about these things when the house looked like this:

I was more that willing to give up and let it stay this way. Tidiness and order are over rated. I say embrace the mess and mayhem. It can be lived with,
look at all those folks on those hoarder shows. They live for years in this sort of environment







Mid project always overwhelms me and so I pause, have some tea and talk myself out of ignoring the disaster I have created. I also had a nice long chat with my only living aunt. She called just as I was working myself up to being overwhelmed. She was a welcome distraction even if I was gently berated for not being in touch with her over the holidays. Rightly so, she is the last Aunt I have and there is no excuse for not keeping in touch with her.  So after tea and family gossip, I forged on and eventually the chaos started to clear and the house is settling  back to normal. (Or as close to normal as my house gets. )

It has taken most of the afternoon but the Christmas things are almost back in there place under the stairs. I still have the big main tree and the Pig tree to dismantle. Then the trees need to be hauled to the basement, the lights and garland taken off the veranda an its all done for another year.

I don't have any lovely after pictures to post for you because the place is still in a state of flux. Its getting there, slowly. By tomorrow things should be back under control. Happenings around the homestead today have been quiet and routine. I did the usual errands this morning, groceries, shopping, errands and I am happy to say I managed to stay on budget which pleases me greatly. I was out most of the morning, had lunch and the rest of the day has been dismantling the house.

Tomorrow I have things to haul to the basement, the kitchen to clean, laundry and some more shopping to do and then I am off  see a movie with a friend. Tonight I am going to start knitting a caplet/poncho for a co-worker. No pattern of course that would be too simple. I do have a sample to go by loaned by another friend. Its a knitting challenge. I am looking foreward to it.  First I need to sort out some supper.

What I need is a cook. How fancy would that be???

Toodles,

Linda


.

No comments:

Post a Comment