Saturday 21 January 2012

Saturday Stuff

Where has the week gone? I haven't done anything so I can't say that it flew by in a flurry of activity. It just seemed to slither by silently, swiftly leaving little to no impact. I blinked and suddenly it was Friday again. I have been knitting on the poncho I have been commissioned to make but that is about all I have done.  Somehow I managed to miss going to see the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. The movie has moved on now, I will have to catch it when it comes out on DVD. I enjoyed the book inspite of myself and I really want to see the movie. apparently not enough to actually get myself to the theater in the freezing cold.

Saturday is my usual chore/errand/housework day. Today I have managed to accomplish something. I have so far managed to clean up the living room and then totally make a mess of it again. I finally got the last of the cleaning stuff for my donation basket to the local women's shelter.  (This is my year of giving back and the Women's Shelter is first on the donation list). J and I will make our delivery on Monday. I got the kitchen cleaned, the dishes put away, soup made, two puppets crocheted and a ham baked so I can have sandwiches for lunch next week. (They will go nicely with my homemade chicken noodle soup).

My puppets are going to be raffle prizes at our local Winter Festival, I have a week to get 7 of them made so having two done today is a good start. The University is organizing some books to go with the puppets and they will be up for grabs at the Festival. They acknowledged that it was somewhat short notice but I could hardly say no. I am rather pleased they thought of me. SO I have been crocheting up a storm this afternoon. I had thought I was finished with the puppets for the university but they have ordered a total of 23 more so I am not as finished as I thought I was. I am starting dare to day dream about that new stove again.

I am hanging my head in shame. The Christmas trees, oh the Christmas trees are still not put away. I have decided they want to be a permanent part of the kitchen decor. I cannot seem to  get them to the basement. I had high hopes for it happening today but since I did my face plant outside the elevator at work this week, and yanked a muscle in my considerable butt that connects down the back of my good leg, going up and down stairs is a tad painful. My basement is not really easy access and I just could not make my self face the prospect. So I am starting a new style, fake pine trees in the kitchen, tres trendy, no? It will be showin up in all the decor magazines next year, you just watch.

Oh oh oh I have a picture to share. Its the afghan I made over Christmas: Taa Daa....................
The yarn I used to make it was all given to me by friends who felt I could make use the stuff they had laying around the house. Its so very 70's I love it. I have not need for another afghan in my house so I have decided that it will be our first donation blanket. Most of the yarn came from J's daughter.  I have another one in the works, using all those little yarn leftovers that are not really big enough to make something out of but too big to throw away in good conscience. Scrap afghans are like scrap quilts, they use up little bits and bobs and make something useful. The second one will just be straight stripes but this brown one just begged to be a ripple afghan.

It was the pursuit of this scrap afghan and the puppets that my living room is a total mess again. I have come to the conclusion that my yarn stash is in sad need of some organization. I have baskets and containers of yarn all over the place. It has gotten out of control and will take over if I do not beat it back into submission. Right now its mostly spilled all over the living room. By tomorrow it will be under control again. I need to deal with it. 2012 is the year of paying it foreward and getting it under control.

I am off to start the laundry, then knit the poncho. I hope you are having a good weekend.

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment