Wednesday 11 January 2012

Is the week over yet???

Sometimes, the week is just too long, its only Wednesday and I am already longing for the weekend. I am not sure what is up with me this week but it is dragging along and it cannot end fast enough for me. Could be the change in the weather has me a stiff as a board and moving about is an adventure to say the least.

I actually had a good day, The ducks (at work) have settled down so I no longer feel like I am being pecked to death. Just in case you don't know, I don't work with ducks, I work as a civil servant in the social services department and it can grind you down at times, just like being pecked to death by ducks. However today was really not a bad day. The biggest bonus of all was that I got to have supper out with my grandbaby's Mommy. Ladybug did not come in to town with Mommy so it was just the two of us. We had a lovely supper and then did a little shopping. It was a nice way to end my day. We need to do that more often. I don't get to see her often and I always enjoy our times together.

Right now I should be cleaning the kitchen and doing some mending but I am just too tired. I will probably spend some time on my latest afghan. I have decided that this year, I am going to use up my scrap wool and scrap material making afghans and quilts to donate to the local women's shelter. I want to give back a little more than I have in the past.

I am blessed, I have a family that loves me,(at least they give that impression)  I have a wonderful WONDERFUL circle of friends who let me know that I may live alone but I am far from alone. I have a good job and I have home that I love, that I can call mine. I do not lack for much in spite of what I might think and whine about some times . I want to start giving back more, in gratitude for all I have been blessed with. So I have teamed up with a friend at work and we are going to donate something to someplace once a month at least for this year. We may do more but we will not do less. I feel so good about this. It may be a little thing but its something. Every little thing adds up over time.

I have so much wool, people pass it on to me because they know I knit and crochet. I am always grateful to have it and now I know how to put this abundance to the very best use. I have one afghan made and number two is on the way. Its rather win win I think. I may have blathered about this before but it bears repeating. I may do mitts, scarves, socks, hats whatever I feel like doing. This is a project that I feel really good about.

So I should go and put my hook to work. Its a blustery cold night here. Winter is making her presence known. Just a perfect night to snuggle up in front of the tv and crochet the night away.

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment