Tuesday 27 December 2011

Last Day of Lazy

Hmmm its back to normal tomorrow, back to work, back to the routine. Yes I know that New Years is still to be celebrated but I'm sorry, its not nearly as big a deal to me as Christmas. Probably because I never have celebrated it all that much. So to me the big deal is over and done and now we slid comfortably back into the day to day routine.

I slept in this morning, snuggled into my bed and waking at the lovely hour of 10:00 am. I rose and ate cookies for breakfast. You can do that when you are the grown up and make the rules. It was shortbread and sugar plum spice tea for breakfast. I did not spend the entire day in decedent indulgences, I did do some sensible things. I stripped and washed all the bedding on my bed, mattress cover, quilts and all. The whole kit and caboodle. One needs a clean caboodle once in a while. I also made the felt cow and horse wall hangings that were ordered before Christmas. It took most of the afternoon but I am very happy they are finished now, another thing off my to do list.

What else did I do to pass the time. Oh yes, I furminated the cat. I am boggled at how much hair that little brush gets out of her. I highly recommend the investment if you have a pet. I plan to make brushing her with it a priority as it really does make a difference. She leave bales of hair around the house and I need to be more diligent on the brushing. The best thing is Minou seems to like to be furminated. She lays content and rolls when needed. She does not fight to get away. From the way she behaves while I am pulling wads of hair from her. I think it must feel good, sort of like when we get our hair done. So its on my list to do more frequently so see if I can cut down on the hair that is everywhere in my house. I really am tired of everything being covers in a grey hairy haze.

Not totally sure what I will do with the rest of my day. I feel a nap coming on and I may just watch tv whilst crocheting for the rest of the night. I have one little mending job to do for a friend at work then I am free. Its a split seem in the bum of her son's pants. A 2 second job at the most. I think I can manage that before the sun sets on this last day of laziness. Three days of work and then three days off. I also think I can manage that.



Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment