Saturday 31 December 2011

Endings and New Beginings

There are a couple of hours left in this year, 2011. I have spent most of today wondering how I feel about it and I really can't say I am sad to see it go. A friend of mine says they feel like the new year is like getting a present and they can't wait to see what they get. I am not in that frame of mind either. I always do hope for good things in the new year but as the evening goes on I am lacking more and more enthusiasm. I am not sure what is up with me today. I do know that I am not going to allow myself to slip into that state of mind where I start to feel sorry for myself. Its not worth it.

I do know that I am not making resolutions this year, this year I am making wishes. Maybe wishes will be more effective and long lasting. I read on the internet somewhere that someone was making wishes this year and I shamelessly stole the idea.

Brace yourself here are a few of them.  I am wishing to clear some of the clutter from my house. (I actually started that one tonight, I sorts through stacks of magazines in my craft room. 99% of which will be either recycled or go to the office for others to read). I wish to redo my bedroom, I wish to paint the red guest room, I wish to start giving back more. I wish to weave, spin and quilt more in the coming year, I wish to get back on track to getting healthy, I wish to be more frugal, I wish to learn to stop wishing for things I know aren't going to happen. I have a million more wishes, for things, for improvements, for happiness, for contentment and for acceptance. Biggest wish of all is that I wish that everyone will have the best year ever in 2012.

So I plan to stay up until midnight, open the front door to let in the new year and then the back door to let out the old year, then I will go to bed. I had Chinese food as per tradition, I watched a really bad movie on netflix and then I sorted magazines. I had a very quiet day. I did not feel like doing a lot of stuff. I had played with the idea of putting away the Christmas stuff but my house looks so nice and tidy I decided against it. If I started putting the stuff away, it would totally mess the place up and I was not in the mood. Tree could still be up come June with this attitude :-)

Last night I had the No Cook Group over for coffee and the remnants of the Christmas dainties after we went out for supper. We had such a nice evening, we chatted, snacked and laughed until 10:30 when everyone decided they maybe should head home. I was tickled to have them. I need to start entertaining a little more than I do. It just laziness on my part and I really need to get over it.

I think I will go and see if I can find something on tv worth watching until its time to ring in the new year. I hope you are all enjoying your evenings no matter how you choose to celebrate.

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment