Saturday 10 December 2011

Christmas has 'sploded at My House

Its Santa land and then some at the homestead. For whatever reason I am in a total Christmasy mood so I pulled out all the stops and hauled out 99% of the the Christmas decorations. I have not put up my main tree for a couple of years. Its lovely to see it up again. Lets have a little tour shall we. Lets start outside at the curb. We really need just a touch more snow to make it perfect.

Its hard to see in the picture but there is a string of icicle lights across the top of the veranda. The oversized Christmas balls are hung and the garland is draped. One of the bows was lost in the wind but I found it and since this picture was taken I have fixed and replaced it. So lets head to the front door.

This happy little fellow is waiting to welcome you in when you arrive at the door. Lets open it up and step inside.
This is the entryway, it smells delicately of cinnamon thanks to the pine cones in the big basket. That Santa parade on the side of the stairs goes all the way to the second floor. (see)
 The Santa on the chair was given to me by a cousin, I have had him so long I do not remember not having him. His body has been replaced because the old fabric rotted. I could not part with him.
In the entry way you find the first of the Christmas trees. Every year I inflict a homemade ornament on my family. I have been doing this for 12 years and this tree has all of those ornaments on it. Its the Family Tree.
Now lets step into the  living room where the main tree is currently on display. Its a tall skinny tree and I did not put the garland on it this year. I got too tired and I think it looks just fine without it. My garland looks like popcorn, I bought it at Eatons and chances are it will get put on the tree before the season is over.

The new entertainment center got in on the Christmas nonsense.
These guys are out, they are worse for wear but they are out. They keep loosing appendages and they are starting to look scruffy. I wonder what they get up to over the summer in their box. They go in in one piece and come out missing ears and feet, etc.  I need a wooden set one of these years or the Willow Tree set. (I have not made up my mind yet.) I forgot to take a picture of the couch with its Christmas cushions and afghans.So excuse me while I do
I am back and as you can see the snoopervisor is on duty making sure I am doing things right.
Ok moving on to the dining room 
Tree number 3, the infamous Pig Tree complete with piggy carolers ready to sing for their supper. 
My version of a Christmas village, I would love to have more but I don't have the room,so this is it
This is a very shiny example of my theory that if one is good, two is better and eleventy million is freakin' fantastic. 
This is my hand carved Santa collection. (The snowman is only there for balance.) I am not going to tell you which one I carved myself but I will bet you can guess.
At last the kitchen and the last of the trees. This one is the Gingerbread tree. The wreath hanging in the window has been put up in my house every year since my oldest niece gave it to me. She was five or six and she made it with garbage bags and a coat hanger. She is all grown now and her youngest boy is probably the age she was when she crafted it. 
These little snow folk candle sticks were a thrift store find  a couple of years ago. I love their happy little faces. So that's it. That is what it looks like for Christmas at my house. There is more but I missed taking pictures, so it will have to remain a mystery.

Tomorrow is baking, gift wrapping and cleaning. I am finally finished my shopping and the Christmas projects are all completed. Once tomorrow is over I should be able to sit back a seriously enjoy the season.
I love all this stuff. I really do, even when I feel overwhelmed and crazy, I love it. 
Good Night!!
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment