Wednesday 21 December 2011

Faux Christmas Festivities

I found my camera so I made the choice of doing laundry or doing a blog post, laundry can wait. First of all though I have permission to share the CUTENESS!! Here is my precious grandbaby modeling her new hat made for her by her Grandma Linda, This is the Ladybug!! She is a keeper I think.

So on to the Family Faux Christmas, ( we call it that because we usually are celebrating on another day, not the actual Christmas day) , we had a great time. The Carpenter and Busy were the hosts. Miss Mouse and the Farmer were there along with the Pilot. My oldest brother, the Historian, celebrates with his kids and grandchildren, we don't seem to get together anymore. There are so many of us and everyone works a different schedule, its hard. We have also outgrown the ability to all stay at one house like we used to. Once the kids start having kids it gets crowded quickly.


There were presents, lots of presents, here is a glimpse of the Christmas carnage after a flurry of present opening. We are blessed to be so fortunate that gifts are not a hardship. Santa is most generous. I am grateful for how blessed we are, we can be together and enjoy each others company, everyone is generous with everyone else, its how Christmas should be. We are very lucky to be in this position. I am grateful for that.

 We have such a good time when we gather together:

There is Dancing:
Spontaneous moments of affection:
(Miss Mouse and The Carpenter, father and daughter)

  And of course there is food, lots and lots of food.
here is Miss Mouse whipping up some pumpkin pies for our dessert. Its her Daddy's favourite pie and she is the one who  grows and cans the pumpkin each year. (Like her Mom she is a very good cook). She was a wonderful help, Busy was not feeling well later on in the day and Miss Mouse stepped up and did a lot of the stuff that needed to be done for our supper. Just a note, she is dressed in the Christmas apron I made for her. I made one for Busy as well as part of their gifts
When I give gifts, my favourite kind to give are the ones where I gather a whole bunch of odds and ends and give them as presents, some purchased and some homemade. I find the stuff all over the place and gather it up the whole year long. The aprons were a hit!!
We dined on a delicious prime rib meal. As there are several turkey dinners looming in the future, prime rib was decided on and it was fabulous. Stuffed potatoes, homemade buns, salad, wine and pumpkin pie. So yummy. Plus a never ending flow of dainties, candy and nuts. Many of the treats that show up at Christmas time have been part of our Christmas traditions for years, generations even. It would not be Christmas without them.

Oh yes and how do you know you are having a Saskatchewan Christmas?
Its the firearms under the tree.
Rifles and handguns abound.
The new owners seems thrilled.
( I tried to borrow the hand gun for work but they would not let me take it home.) 

 Santa was good to me and I took home a load of loot. My family is always more than generous with  me. I had a lovely weekend, lots of laughs, lots of fun and good times. I love to get to see everyone.
So now its all done and dusted. Real Christmas  day is still coming and  I hope yours is fabulous. For me I feel like is all over and done for another year. I have already got lists of things to go for next year, decorations to be made and some ideas for gifts.

Toodles 
Linda 

No comments:

Post a Comment