Sunday 25 December 2011

Merry Christmas



From my home to yours come the most sincere wishes for a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. May 2012 be the best year yet for you and your family. I have high hopes for 2012, I expect big things from it, big, happy, wonderful things.

So far it has been a wonderful Christmas here at the old homestead. Many traditions have been observed even though its only the cat and I here to observe them. Ok I need to say this right off the bat, I am not feeling "oh poor me, all alone on Christmas" not even a smidge. I had a wonderful full on family Christmas last weekend with the near and dear. I was treated royally and the date is not important, its the being together that is important. SO I am not having a pity party I am having a party. I am alone by choice today, I had many generous invitations to join friends for the day.

Back to tradition, I spend last night watching a zillion Christmas movies, I dined on appetizers for supper and quite frankly I over indulged but they were worth it. Wrap anything in puff pastry, make it bite sized and I am pretty much hooked.

This morning I rose late, gave Minou her Christmas tuna fish breakfast, made my all in one breakfast. Another family tradition. Its not the one my family makes, that is a confection known as Breakfast Bruschetta and we have Monkey nuts. (cinnamon pull apart bread). I make a different one and toast, but it looks yummy, no???
I may be eating it for days but its worth it.  So breakfast is cooking away, its time for presents. I have so many wonderful generous, thoughtful friends. I was showered with loot. Not a dud in the bunch. I am totally spoiled that is for sure.

I am munching up my breakfast or maybe I should say brunch because its actually lunch time. Slurping up my coffee in my favourite Christmas mug. The cat is zonked out on my bed, sleeping off a tuna induced coma. I may get dressed at some point today or maybe not, but I am thinking that I will. Apart from putting the turkey portion into the oven and making hash brown casserole I don't have any plans to work too much today. I will watch the Queen's speech, try and catch up on the stuff I have taped and I am going to crochet the day away.

I am blessed and I know it, I am grateful for each and every good thing in my life. I hope you are having a wonderful day.

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment